New Year’s Resolutions
Many people make New Year’s resolutions — decisions to either start a good habit or stop a bad one.
While eating a balanced diet, losing weight and increasing exercise are popular resolutions, if you’re
on the company’s frontline please make a resolution to never take your eye off the ball when it comes to
safety. Here’s a few things to remember:
- Be defensive – always be on the lookout for hazards
- Obey all safety measures, including observing speed limits and wearing visibility clothing
- Stay out of the way, especially near the rear of a vehicle
- When operating any equipment or vehicle, make sure to account for all coworkers and/or
pedestrians before proceeding. As we say, ”if in doubt, get out and check it out!”
- Always use proper lockout/tagout procedures
- Watch out for your fellow workers – we’re in this together
These habits should already be a part of everyone’s work routine but if not…make them your resolutions for a safe 2014!