Thanks to our veterans
Read how WM supports those who have served
HOUSTON – Veterans Day, Nov. 11, is a time to remember and thank the men and women who have served — and continue
to serve — in the armed forces. As a G.I. Jobs Top Military Friendly Employer and 2013 Secretary of Defense Freedom
Award Finalist, Waste Management employs nearly 3,000 veterans (or active guard/reserve members). Read some other
facts about what we’re doing to say thanks.
- WM attends nearly 100 veteran job fairs per year.
- Through its Military Veteran Professional Network, WM meets regularly with employees via conference call to
communicate success tips and team building methods.
- WM has its own staffing manager within Talent Acquisition — Wes Reel — who is also a veteran.
- The company strategically targets the veteran population through employee referrals, veteran job fairs, active
partnerships with veteran-related organizations, community outreach and corporate giving.
- Projects WM supports include the Entrepreneur Bootcamp for Veterans, Hiring Our Heroes, Operation
Warrior Connect (disabled vets), A Safe Haven (homeless vets), Treble Victor Group (Canadian vets), and more.
Take time this week to show your appreciation for a coworker, friend or family member who has served in the military.