The grocery industry turns to Waste Management for sustainable solutions that save money and produce environmentally positive results. Our Organics Recycling program is a naturally efficient disposal alternative that can benefit your company, your community and the environment.
Waste Management’s Food and Organics Recycling help you:
- Raise your recycling rates
- Increase diversion rates
- Use a cost-effective, Earth-friendly disposal option
- Foster a green image among your employees and customers
Opportunity exists down every aisle.
From the initial site visit to staff training, our Organics Recycling experts will work with you to ensure step-by-step program success. We provide specifically designed Waste Management containers and trucks, as well as the training and support necessary to ensure a successful program. We then transport your food and other organic materials to a special facility where it will be turned into compost, other soil amendments, energy, or other valued products. It’s another way we’re helping the grocery industry Think Green®.
Acceptable items for Food & Organics Recycling can include:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Meat, poultry, seafood (bones and shells)
- Bakery items and ingredients
- Eggs and paper egg cartons
- Milk, juices and cartons
- Plants, cut flowers, potting soil
- Coffee grounds, filters, tea bags
- Paper products (napkins, paper towels)
- Ice cream, yogurt, cottage cheese