Household Hazardous Waste & Electronics
Find smart, easy, and convenient ways to properly dispose of your unwanted items.
Hazardous waste materials are just that: hazardous. Not only can they be dangerous for you and your health, they are dangerous to the environment too, and should never go into your community’s regular trash.
Learning how to dispose of everyday hazardous waste or other materials can be complicated – trust the experts at Waste Management to handle it quickly, safely, and professionally.
- Automotive products: antifreeze, fluids, motor oil, oil filters, gasoline, polish, and waxes
- Batteries: home and vehicle batteries
- Electronics: TVs, computers, laptops, cell phones, printers, fax machines, MP3 players, DVD/CD/cassette players, and more.
- Fluorescent light bulbs and compact fluorescent lamps (CFL).
- Mercury containing devices: thermometers and thermostats.
- Paint products: oil-based, latex, and spray paints, caulk, wood preservative, and wood stain
- Garden chemicals: pesticides, herbicides, fertilizer, and insecticides
- Sharps: syringes, needles and lancets
- Swimming pool chemicals
- Household chemicals: toilet bowl cleaner, shower/tile cleaner, carpet cleaner, rust remover and more
What materials can I dispose of with WM?
Did you know that Waste Management can pick up your electronics, paints, garden chemicals, motor oil and more from your home in certain communities? Make sure you keep these items separate from your regular trash. Find out today if your home is in a community we serve with home collection service!
If your community isn’t included for home pickup, don’t worry, we still have you covered. Our household hazardous waste recycling kits are postage-paid, return-by-mail programs you or your residents can order online. Simply mail back the items to us for environmentally responsible treatment and disposal.
As a leading environmental partner, we also offer options for communities to organize regular hazardous material drop-off programs and retailer take-back events. Find out more and schedule your next community collection event today.