- Take reusable bags to the store when shopping
- Reduce or eliminate the use of paper plates and cups
- Store leftover foods in reusable containers instead of single use plastic bags or Polystyrene foam containers
- Reduce or minimize use of plastic bags and Polystyrene foam
- Donate unwanted, slightly used clothing, furniture and other household items to local non-profit organizations
- Take advantage of the many curbside and drop-off recycling opportunities
- Xeriscape your yard with native plants and non-watering landscapes
- Compost yard waste which also helps enrich the soil and reduces water run-off
- Purchase foods in bulk or those which use less packaging
- Purchase fruits and vegetables that are not pre-packaged in containers and plastics
For more information on waste reduce tips and programs in Oceanside visit the City of Oceanside website.
Recycled Yard Trimmings Benefit YOU!
Oceanside’s Green Waste program recycles your yard trimmings into high quality compost and mulch at the El Corazon Compost Facility operated by Agri Service Inc. Humic Compost and composted mulch are made from yard trimmings and are available at no cost to City of Oceanside residents.
Residents, with proof of residency, can self load compost and mulch Monday - Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. In addition, Agri service Inc will load a residents pick-up truck on the 1st and the 3rd Saturday of each month from 9 am to noon. There is a fee to load pick-up trucks.
These products, when used in your yard, improve soil tilth and reduce the need for fertilizer and pesticides. This saves money and is part of the Green Oceanside pollution prevention program. Plastic and trash do not compost, so please only put plant material or clean wood into your green waste cart and avoid costly contamination. Further information can be found at www.agriserviceinc.com or by calling the facility at 760-439-9920.