Sacramento County residents, including those serviced by Waste Management, are provided one free pick-up of bulky waste (up to 5 cubic yards) per calendar year by appointment. Simply call the County at (916) 875-5555 to schedule.
For more information or to schedule your bulky pick-up online, visit www.SacGreenTeam.com. Click on “Schedule A Bulky Waste Pick-Up.”
- E-waste (TVs and computer monitors)*
- Universal Waste (household batteries, fluorescent light bulbs less than 4’ and cell phones)*
- Lawn/Tree/Shrub Trimmings
- Tires (no rims; maximum of 5)
Lumber, pipes and trimmings shall not exceed FOUR inches in diameter and FIVE feet in length.
*Place these items to the side of your pile
- Commercial Waste
- Dirt, Rocks and Bricks
- Glass Panes
- Vehicle Batteries
- Household Garbage
- Hit Ashes
- Heavy Materials (like auto bodies, engines, etc.)
- Hazardous Waste (like paint, oil, chemicals, etc.)
Household Hazardous Waste Facilities:
Sacramento Recycling and Transfer Station
8491 Fruitridge Rd (across the Depot Business Park)
Antifreeze, Batteries, Motor Oil and Latex Paint: Tuesday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00p.m.
Household Hazardous Waste: Friday and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00p.m.
City of Elk Grove Special Waste (Household Hazardous Waste) Collection Center
(Includes residents of the unincorporated area of south Sacramento County)
9255 Disposal Ln (Next to AM/PM @ Grant Line Rd)
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.