Containers Out by 6:00 am
Collection times may vary as routing schedules change, and so it is very important to have all containers at the street by 6:00 am. We appreciate your cooperation. Please remove all containers from the street as soon as possible after collection.
By recycling you are helping to save energy, reduce water pollution, reduce water consumption, preserve natural resources and create jobs.
Your recycling cart is collected every other week on garbage day. There is no limit on the amount of clean recyclables you can set out for curbside collection. Put recycling that doesn’t fit in your blue bin in a bag or cardboard boxes ( 2'x2'x2' ) placed close to the bin.
Recycling is provided at no extra cost with your basic garbage service.
Recycling and preventing waste can sometimes reduce garbage enough for residents to order a smaller garbage container for a lower rate.
Curbside Recycling Tips
- Empty clean recyclables out of bags and boxes and put them loose in your cart so that they can be easily identified and sorted at the recycling center. Clean paper bags and cardboard boxes are recyclable. Just put them in your cart after you empty them. Recyclables in bags may be mistaken for garbage at the sorting center.
- NO plastic bags in recycling. (Reuse or recycle at grocery stores) - Plastic bags get caught in conveyor belts at the recycling center.
- NO shredded paper in recycling. Because of its size, shredded paper is difficult to sort from other recyclables.
- NO Glass. Glass is NOT accepted as recyclable.
Container placement at the street
- Two (2) feet apart
- At least three (3) feet from cars, trees, mailboxes, fences
- Cart wheels as close to the curb as possible
- Cart lids opening toward street
When possible, trucks with robotic arms will lift, empty and replace the carts without the drivers leaving the trucks, reducing safety hazards and traffic congestion.
Weight Limit 65 Pounds (Overweight containers will not be emptied)
- Cans, bins, bundles and carts up to 32-gallon size are lifted and emptied by hand. For your safety and the safety of your collectors, please limit each 32-gallon unit to no more than 65 pounds.
- Larger carts are lifted mechanically, and are limited to 180 pounds.
There is an an additional charge for each extra bag or container (32-gallon, 65 lb. limit) that doesn't fit in your garbage container with the lid closed. If you often have extra garbage, you may want to increase your garbage container size to avoid overflow and extra garbage charges.
Reduce Your Garbage Costs!
Garbage rates vary according to cart size. Recycling can help reduce your garbage enough that you may be able to order a smaller size and lower your garbage bills.