2904 S Wynooski St
Newberg, OR 97132
Open to the public Monday-Saturday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Some materials are accepted for free at this facility; other materials are accepted for a fee.
All loads must be secured and tarped to prevent accidental litter and highway hazards.
A fee of $5.00 - $15.00 will be charged for an unsecured or untarped load, by order of Yamhill County.
- Use a tarp that will completely cover your trailer or truck bed. At least four inches should overlap the sides, front and back of your load.
- Tightly secure the tarp with ropes, bungee cords, netting or straps.
- Put lighter items at the bottom of the load.
- When transporting large items, make sure they are tied down and secured to the truck or trailer so they don't move.
- Don't overload — keep material level with the truck bed or trailer.
- Before leaving the transfer station, remove any loose material that may remain in the trailer or truck bed.
Clean Mixed Recyclables
All of these materials can be mixed and recycled together at no charge.
Clean paper and cardboard
- Magazines & Catalogs
- Telephone Books
- Paper Bags
- Cereal, cracker & shoe boxes
- Paper egg cartons
- Notebook paper, computer paper, file folders, stationery
- Wrapping paper (No foil, plastic coating or tape)
- Shredded paper (place in a paper bag or paper envelope)
Clean drink cartons
- Milk and juice cartons
- Soup and broth cartons
Plastic Bottles and Tubs
- Yogurt-type plastic tubs (6 oz. or larger)
- Rigid plant pots (4 in. or larger)
- Buckets (5 gal or smaller)
- All plastic bottles and plastic jugs
- Metal cans. Place the lid inside the can and crimp shut to hold the lid inside.
- Aluminum foil and trays
- Empty aerosol cans
- Small Scrap Metal Pieces (No larger than 30 inches. Weight limit 30 pounds.)
All computers, TVs, laptops and monitors are banned from disposal as garbage in Oregon. Electronics are accepted for recycling at the Newberg Transfer Station.
Sharps containers are available for purchase at the scale house at the Newberg Transfer Station.
Two sizes are available:
- 1 gallon - $12.00
- 2 gallon - $17.50
Cost includes the container and disposal. When the sharps container is full, please return it to scale house for proper disposal.
Paper shredding services are available at the Newberg Transfer Station for $7.00 per grocery bag.
Paint is not accepted at the Newberg Transfer Station. For recycling locations and additional information, visit www.paintcare.org
Yamhill County Solid Waste sponsors two Household Hazardous Waste Events each year. These events are held on the third weekend of May and October. There will be one event held in Newberg in May and one event held in McMinnville in October. Both events are open to all Yamhill County residents, at no charge.
For more information on household hazardous waste and these events, please visit the Yamhill County Solid Waste website.
For information on disposing of Commercial Hazardous Waste, please call Yamhill County Solid Waste at 503-434-7445.
The Following Materials Are Not Accepted
- Hazardous waste
- Sewage/sewage sludge
- Liquids (over 25-gallons)
- Oil-based paint
- Hydraulic oil
- Dead animals
- Creosote (timbers/railroad ties)
- Needles and syringes
- Fluorescent light ballasts
- Sealed drums
- Solid motor oil or grease
- Propane tanks