Garbage and Recycling Cart Setup
- Place your carts at the curb on collection day by 7 a.m.
- Garbage is collected weekly.
- Recycling is collected every other week.
- Do not overfill your carts.
- Do not place anything but acceptable recyclables in the recycling cart.
- Lids must close.
- Set carts 3 feet apart and away from objects such as cars and mailboxes.
- Place carts at curb with handles facing away from the street.
Holiday Pickup Schedule
Waste Management provides garbage and recycling collection on all holidays.
Side Yard Service
Carts can be collected from backyards for an additional fee or no fee for qualifying disabled individuals. Call (775) 329-8822 for details.
Seniors (70 years or older) are eligible to receive the senior rate. Waste Management will verify the customer’s age before processing the request. Call (775) 329-8822 for details.
Excess Waste Stickers
If excess waste is generated, customers can place a 32-gallon bag at the curb with one of the 20 stickers received annually for excess waste collection. Additional stickers can be purchased by calling customer service: 775-329-8822.
Access to the Transfer Station and Lockwood Landfill*
City of Sparks residential customers that are current with their bill may dispose of one standard pick-up truck, four times a year at no cost at one of the three locations:
Commercial Row Transfer Station
1390 E. Commercial Row
Reno, NV 89512
Monday-Friday • 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday • 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Stead Transfer Station
13890 Mt. Anderson Road
Reno, NV 89506
Tuesday - Saturday • 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Closed Sunday and Monday
2700 E. Mustang Rd.
Sparks, NV 89434
Monday - Friday • 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Customers may use this service any time during normal business hours.
* Four total trips per year. One standard pick-up truck per trip. Customers must be current with their bill and present a driver license that matches the service address on the account . or their current bill for service.
Fall and Spring Excess Waste Curbside Pickup
During the months of May and November, City of Sparks residential customers can place six bags at the curb each week without a sticker.