Single stream (all-In-one) recycling is here. Learn More
Residential Curbside Automated Collection; carts are provided by Waste Management.
- Limits: The contents of the cart plus all material will be collected providing the material is bundled or bagged, and be no larger than the cart (eg. refrigerator boxes that are not broken down). Please assist your service driver by limiting the weight of each to 50 lbs. or less, this material must be reloaded into the cart and emptied into the truck.
- Good advice: Bag your garbage, it helps keep the environment free from litter and keeps your cart cleaner.
- Placement: Please place your carts on the curb with the lid opening towards the street no later than 7:00 am.
- Additional carts: Available for a nominal fee.
- Extra services: Arrangements to remove items that are larger than your cart can be made by calling the office.
Containers are available in the following sizes: 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8 cubic yards. We provide service to the city seven days per week.
- Collection hours: 4:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Limits: Material must be placed into the container with lids closed.
- Extra services: Extra empties can normally be done within 24 hours depending on your area.
Roll Off Service
Containers are available in the following sizes:
1. 20 (8'X20'X4'),
2. 25 (8'X20'X5'),
3. 30 (8'X20'X6') cubic yards.
- Collection Hours: 4:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Limits: Material must be placed into the container and be level, the container will be tarped for transport to minimize litter.
- Residential and commercial services are billed on the utility bill from the City of Farmington.
- Roll off services are billed directly to the customer by Waste Management.
- Options for paying online with credit card or checking account are available at www.wm.com - Click Here.
Unacceptable items include but are not limited to:
- Material in liquid form
- Hazardous waste
- Special waste
- Asbestos waste
- Needles and syringes - Click Here - For disposal options
Please call Waste Management at 505/327-6284 before disposing of any item in which you have concerns. Each one of us has the responsibility of protecting the environment.