Residential Curbside Automated Collection; carts are provided by Waste Management.
- Limits: The contents of the cart only.
- Good advice: Bag your garbage, it helps keep the environment free from litter and keeps your cart cleaner.
- Placement: Please place your carts on the curb with the lid opening towards the street no later than 6:00 am.
Containers are available in the following sizes: 1.5 and 3 cubic yards. We provide service within the county five days a week.
- Collection hours: Mon-Fri 5:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Limits: Material must be placed into the container with lids closed.
- Extra services: Extra empties are available for an additional charge.
Requests/changes for commercial accounts please contact the town of Taos at 575/751-2019.
Roll Off Service
Containers are available in the following sizes:
1. 20 (8'X20'X4'),
2. 30 (8'X20'X6')
- Collection hours: 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Limits: Material must be placed into the container and be level, the container will be tarped for transport to minimize litter.
- Maximum weight - 8 tons.
Requests/changes for Roll off services please contact our Call Center at 505/892-1200.
- Residential and commercial services are billed by the town of Taos.
- Commercial and roll off services are billed monthly in arrears. Roll off services are billed by Waste Management
- Options for paying online with credit card or checking account are available at www.wm.com - click here.
Unacceptable items include but are not limited to:
- Material in liquid form
- Hazardous waste
- Special waste
- Asbestos waste
- Needles and syringes - Click Here - For disposal options
Please call Waste Management at 575/751-0708 before disposing of any item in which you have concerns. Each one of us has the responsibility of protecting the environment.