The following communities fall under Waste Management's contract with Valencia County:
|Belen (outside City limits)
Los Lunas (outside Village limits)
Residential Curbside Automated Collection; carts are provided by Waste Management.
- Limits: The contents of the cart only.
- Good advice: Bag your garbage, it helps keep the environment free from litter and keeps your cart cleaner.
- Placement: Please place your carts on the curb with the lid opening towards the street no later than 7:00 am.
- Additional carts: Available for a nominal fee.
Containers are available in the following sizes: 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8 cubic yards. We provide service to the area up to six days per week, depending on the location.
- Collection hours: Mon-Fri 4:00 am to 8:00 pm, Sat 4:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Limits: Material must be placed into the container with lids closed.
- Extra services: Because of concerns with wildlife in the area, we may have options to limit their ability to get in the trash containers. Please call our office for suggestions. Extra empties are available for an additional charge.
Roll Off Service
Containers are available in the following sizes:
1. 20 (8'X20'X4'),
2. 30 (8'X20'X6') cubic yards.
- Collection hours: 4:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Limits: Material must be placed into the container and be level, the container will be tarped for transport to minimize litter.
- Maximum weight - 8 tons
All services are billed directly by Waste Management.
- Residential services are billed quarterly in advance;
- Commercial and roll off services are billed monthly.
- Options for paying online with credit card or checking account are available at www.wm.com - Click Here.
Requests/changes for commercial or roll off accounts please contact our Call Center at: 505/892-1200.
Unacceptable items include but are not limited to:
- Material in liquid form
- Hazardous waste
- Special waste
- Asbestos waste
- Needles and syringes - Click Here - For disposal options
Please call Waste Management at 505/892-1200 before disposing of any item in which you have concerns. Each one of us has the responsibility of protecting the environment.