Please have your recycling roll cart & bin curbside by 6:00am on your service day.
Garbage and recycling are picked up weekly. We recommend that you wait until the cart is full to bring it to the curb.
Mixed Recycling Cart
Place the following items together in your mixed recycling container
Clean paper and cardboard, including
- Magazines & Catalogs
- Telephone Books
- Paper Bags
- Cereal, cracker & shoe boxes
- Paper egg cartons
- Notebook paper, computer paper, file folders, stationery
- Wrapping paper (No foil, plastic coating or tape)
Clean drink cartons
- Milk and juice cartons
- Soup and broth cartons
Clean Plastic Bottles and Tubs
- Yogurt-type containers (6 oz. or larger)
- Rigid plant pots (4 in. or larger)
- Buckets (5 gal. or smaller)
- Plastic bottles (6oz. or larger)
- Plastic jugs
- Metal cans. Place the lid inside the can and crimp shut to hold the lid inside.
- Aluminum foil and trays
- Empty aerosol cans
Small Scrap Metal Pieces (No larger than 30 inches. Weight limit 30 pounds.)
Recycling on the side
Glass: Mix all colors. Labels OK. Do not include light bulbs, window glass, vases or drinking glasses.
Motor Oil: Put your used motor oil in a one-gallon or smaller see-through container with a screw cap lid. Empty milk jugs make good oil containers.
Beyond Curbside Recycling
For recycling options for materials not collected curbside, click here to find a recycler near you.
Containers Out by 6:00 am
Collection times may vary as routing schedules change, and so it is very important to have all containers at the street by 6:00 am. We appreciate your cooperation. Please remove all containers from the street as soon as possible after collection.
Waste Management provides weekly or on-call garbage service.
Container Placement at the Street
Place carts at the curb so that they do not block sidewalks, driveways, public streets, or other rights of way. Carts should be at least three feet away from basketball hoops, trees, cars and other containers.
When possible, trucks with robotic arms will lift, empty and replace the carts without the drivers leaving the trucks, reducing safety hazards and traffic congestion.
Securely bag loose and dusty materials such as ashes, kitty litter, sawdust, animal waste, and packing "peanuts" before placing in the garbage can.
Weight Limit (Overweight containers will not be emptied)
- Cans, bins, bundles and carts up to 32-gallon size are lifted and emptied by hand. For your safety and the safety of your collectors, please limit each 32-gallon unit to no more than 60 pounds.
|20 Gallon Cart||Weight Limit 35 lbs.|
|35 Gallon Cart||Weight Limit 60 lbs.|
|60 Gallon Roll Cart||Weight Limit 100 lbs.|
|90 Gallon Roll Cart||Weight Limit 120 lbs.|
There is an an additional charge for each extra bag or container (32-gallon, 60 lb. limit) that does not fit in your garbage container with the lid closed. If you often have extra garbage, you may want to increase your garbage container size to avoid overflow and extra garbage charges.
Bulky Items: Bulky items like mattresses, appliances, console televisions and furniture can be picked up by special arrangement.
Temporary Garbage Services
Large containers are available for temporary projects such as remodeling and construction.
Reduce Your Garbage Costs! Garbage rates vary according to cart size. Recycling and yard debris collection can help reduce your garbage enough that you may be able to order a smaller size and lower your garbage bills.
Yard Debris Collection
Your yard debris is collected weekly in 60 gallon rollcart.
On yard debris day, you can set out one 32-gallon can or one Kraft paper yard waste bag (no plastic bags, please) or one bundle (Prunings are limited to 4" in diameter and 36" in length) of yard trimmings for no extra charge. Any additional cans or bags or bundles are only $2.70 each.
For the safety of our drivers, please have all limbs cut or trimmed so that they do not stick out above the rim of the container.
|Yard Waste Bag||Weight Limit 45 lbs.|
|Yard Waste Bundle||Weight Limit 60 lbs.|
|60 Gallon Roll Cart||Weight Limit 100 lbs.|
On Pickup Day
- Place materials at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on your pickup day.
- Do not use plastic bags, recycling carts or bins, plastic liners or regular garbage cans for yard waste.
- Place your yard waste loosely in the cart so that it falls freely when emptied.
- When using Kraft paper yard waste bags for extra yard debris, try to avoid putting wet debris at the bottom of bag. Keep bags in dry location until pickup day to prevent bottom from falling out.
- Tie bundles with string or twine. Bundles must be no larger than one foot by three feet.
- If you provide your own 32-gallon can for yard waste. Place your yard waste sticker on the side of the can. Make sure the sticker faces the street when you place your can out for collection. If you need us to mail you a yard debris sticker, please contact our office at (503) 249-8078 or email Customer Service.
If you would like to use a larger container, you may order a 60-gallon cart by calling us at (503) 249-8078 or e-mail at Customer Service. A minimum of one year is required for the 60-gallon service..
Curbside yard debris includes:
- Grass clippings
- Items from your garden
* No greater than 4" in diameter and 36" long
Curbside yard debris does not include:
- Food waste
- Household garbage
Yard Waste Exemption Program
Applications for the yard debris exemption program will be accepted each year from March to May. Contact Wood Village at (503) 667-6211 for applications and information. If you qualify, your garbage bill will be reduced by $3.10 per month.