Recycling is collected in 96-gallon carts.
The following items are accepted in your gray-lidded recycling cart. No need to separate. Please empty recyclables out of bags, boxes and six-packs, and put them loose in the recycling cart for easier sorting.
Recycling is collected every other week on garbage day. Recycling service is included in your garbage rates.
Recycling Roll Cart - Paper, Metal, Plastic
Place the following items together in your mixed recycling container
Clean paper and cardboard, including
- Magazines & Catalogs
- Telephone Books
- Paper Bags
- Cereal, cracker & shoe boxes
- Paper egg cartons
- Notebook paper, computer paper, file folders, stationery
- Wrapping paper (No foil, plastic coating or tape)
Clean drink cartons
- Milk and juice cartons
- Soup and broth cartons
Clean Plastic Bottles and Tubs
- Yogurt-type containers (6 oz. or larger)
- Rigid plant pots (4 in. or larger)
- Buckets (5 gal. or smaller)
- All plastic bottles and plastic jugs
- Metal cans. Place the lid inside the can and crimp shut to hold the lid inside.
- Aluminum foil and trays
- Empty aerosol cans
Small Scrap Metal Pieces (No larger than 30 inches. Weight limit 30 pounds.)
Glass is NOT accepted curbside
Bring it to one of these locations for recycling.
- Newberg Transfer Station and Recycling Center
2094 Wynooski, Rd. Newberg, OR
- Naps Thriftway Depot (glass only)
112 E. 1st St., Newberg, OR
- 1st and Everest Depot (glass only)
1st and Everest St., Newberg, OR
- 11th and Maple Street
Waste Management provides weekly garbage service in 35, 64 and 96 gallon roll carts.
Containers Out The Night Prior
Collection times may vary as routing schedules change, and so it is very important to have all containers at the street the night prior to your collection day. We appreciate your cooperation. Please remove all containers from the street as soon as possible after collection.
Container Placement at the Street
- Carts must be within Three (3) feet of the curb or roadside, in open view.
- Four (4) feet apart
- At least four (4) feet from cars, trees, mailboxes, fences
- Cart lids opening toward street
When possible, trucks with robotic arms will lift, empty and replace the carts without the drivers leaving the trucks, reducing safety hazards and traffic congestion.
Securely bag loose and dusty materials such as ashes, kitty litter, sawdust, animal waste, and packing "peanuts" before placing in the garbage can.
For the safety of our drivers, do not overfill garbage cans or compact contents too tightly.
There is an additional charge for each extra bag or container (up to 32 gallon 60 lb limit and bags 35 lb limit) that doesn't fit in your garbage container with the lid closed. If you often have extra garbage, you may want to increase your garbage container size to avoid overflow and extra garbage charges.
Bulky Items: Bulky items like mattresses, appliances, console televisions, and televisions can be picked up by special arrangement.
Reduce Your Garbage Costs! Garbage rates vary according to cart size. Recycling may help reduce your garbage enough that you may be able to order a smaller size and lower your garbage bills.