Containers Out by 6:00 am
Collection times may vary as routing schedules change, and so it is very important to have all containers at the street by 6:00 am. We appreciate your cooperation.
Please remove all containers from the street as soon as possible after collection.
Container Placement at the Street
- Two (2) feet apart
- At least three (3) feet from cars, trees, mailboxes, fences
- Cart wheels as close to the curb as possible
- Cart lids opening toward street
When possible, trucks with robotic arms will lift, empty and replace the carts without the drivers leaving the trucks, reducing safety hazards and traffic congestion.
Weight Limit 65 Pounds (Overweight containers will not be emptied)
- Cans, bins, bundles and carts up to 32-gallon size are lifted and emptied by hand. For your safety and the safety of your collectors, please limit each 32-gallon unit to no more than 65 pounds.
- Larger carts are lifted mechanically, and are limited to 180 pounds.
There is an an additional charge for each extra bag or container (32-gallon, 65 lb. limit) that doesn't fit in your garbage container with the lid closed. If you often have extra garbage, you may want to increase your garbage container size to avoid overflow and extra garbage charges.
Bulky items like mattresses, appliances, console televisions, furniture and building materials can be picked up by special arrangement. Contact Waste Management Customer Service or 1 800 592-9995 (M-F 7 AM - 5 PM).
Temporary Garbage Services
Large containers are available for temporary projects such as remodeling and construction. Contact Waste Management Customer Service or 1 800 592-9995 (M-F 7 AM - 5 PM).
Reduce Your Garbage Costs!
Garbage Service is Required
Local ordinance requires all residents to subscribe to garbage and recycling collection in order to maintain public health, prevent public litter, and preserve natural resources.