Tualatin Valley Waste Recovery
We are proud to serve commercial and residential customers in Oregon and Washington.
Our certified LEED Gold recycling facility provides you with:
- Safe, professional, and reliable recycling services
- The ability to recycle construction and demolition debris and dramatically reduce landfill waste
- Help meeting your LEED certification
- Recycling service for household items
- Overlapping environmental protection systems that meet or exceed rigorous state and federal regulations
Visit us today. For more information, please contact us (details in the contact box, above right).
Residential drop-off area
Our residential drop-off area is open to the public. We accept residential recycling and commingled dry waste or separated material from household projects and clean up projects.
We do NOT accept:
We provide these additional services:
- LEED certification for construction and demolition projects
- Secure and certified document destruction
For information about hazardous waste disposal visit the Waste Management Chemical Waste Northwest page here.
The facility process approximately 400 tons per day of dry material. The material is sorted onto two assembly lines which separate plastic, wood, metal, cardboard, paper, and asphalt shingles. Most of these materials are sent to local recycling markets for reuse. Wood is ground on-site and then reprocessed into "hogged fuel," creating steam for energy. Asphalt shingles are reused to create the road base on-site. The facility has a current recovery rate of about 40 percent.
A model for the nation
This facility is also a model for programs nationwide as the company partners with businesses and local governments to divert materials from landfills and turn waste steams into value streams.
LEED Gold certified building
The facility was built in 2009 and awarded LEED Gold Certification. The building's unique design incorporates innovative features, which save energy and resources including:
- Interior lighting with motion control sensors and timers to minimize electrical usage
- A translucent roof which allows for natural lighting and energy savings
- Rainwater harvested in a 140,000-gallon tank, which is reused for cleaning, dust control, and fire suppression
- Fresh air constantly circulated through the facility to protect air quality
Community Partnerships and Involvement
We are proud to support the following events, charities and service groups:
- Earth Day
- Hillsboro Chamber of Commerce