Welcome, we are proud to serve you, and our community.
Sandy Transfer Station serves Clackamas County and is operated by Waste Management.
|Light Waste or General Garbage
(per cubic yard)
|Light can – 32 Gallon||$6.00 ea||$18.00
|Heavy Waste or Demo Debris
(per cubic yard)
|Heavy Can – 32 Gallon||$9.00 ea||$21.00
|Tires||On rim||Off rim|
|Passenger/Lt Truck <=16”||$3.85 ea||$2.50 ea|
|Large Truck/Trailer 17”- 21”||$14.50 ea||$8.50 ea|
|Tires over 21”||Inquire||Inquire|
|Refrigerators, Freezers, Air conditioners
– even if refrigerant is removed
|Stuffed Chair/Recliner/ Love seat or Couch||$12.00 ea||NA|
|Sectional or Hide a bed||$17.00 ea||NA|
|Twin Mattress||$12.00 ea||$12.00 Set|
|Full/Double Mattress||$12.00 ea||$17.00 Set|
|Queen Mattress||$16.00 ea||$24.00 Set|
|King Mattress||$17.00 ea||$25.00 Set|
How do I transport a load to the station?
All loads must be secured and covered to prevent litter and highway hazards.
A fee of $10.00 will be charged for an unsecured load.
Tips to keep everyone safe and avoid fees:
- Use a tarp that will completely cover your trailer or truck bed.
- At least four inches should overlap the sides, front, and back of your load.
- Tightly secure the tarp with ropes, bungee cords, netting, or straps.
- Put lighter items at the bottom of the load.
- When transporting large items, make sure they are tied down and secured to the truck or trailer so they don't move.
- Don't overload. Keep material level with the truck bed or trailer.
- Before leaving the transfer station, remove any loose material that may remain in the trailer or truck bed.
Mixed recycling includes:
For more details on your mixed recycling guidelines, please see PDF (to your right).
- Electronics are accepted for recycling at the Sandy Transfer Station.
- Electronics are banned from disposal as garbage in the State of Oregon, so please bring them to the transfer station, or another other accepted disposal facility.
- Scrap metal may include laundry washers, laundry dryers, dishwashers, hot water heaters, metal doors, bicycles, lawnmowers, barbeques, and more.
- All liquids must be removed from scrap metal.
- Propane tanks are not accepted.
- Motor oil is accepted. No other automotive fluids are accepted.
- Cooking oil is accepted.
- Wires may include christmas lights, extension cords, household wiring, and more.
- Vehicle lead acid batteries are the only batteries accepted at this transfer station.
Items NOT accepted
Please see more details below on disposing of these items.
Additional recycling and hazardous waste disposal
Please contact Metro.