Select an Area.
These services require that you select a specific area in your community.
Do you currently have service with Waste Management?
WM ezPay FAQs
Technical Questions and Answers
- How secure is my bill payment and personal information?
Waste Management takes the security of you payment information very seriously and uses several methods to ensure that your information is secure:
- SSL: Waste Management uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) that ensures your connection and information is secure from outside inspection.
- Encryption: Waste Management uses 128-bit encryption to make your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet.
- Automatic Signout: Waste Management automatically signs you out of a session if you are inactive longer than 30 minutes. We recommend you sign out immediately after you are finished transacting your payment(s).
- Do I need any special hardware or software to access WM ezPay?
To access WM ezPay to pay your bill, you will need a computer with Internet access and an appropriate browser (See "What is an appropriate browser" question below). This could be your own computer, or even one located in a library, Internet cafe or at a copy center. To view and print your Waste Management invoice, you will need Adobe Reader 6.0 or higher. Click here download Adobe Reader
- What measures does WM ezPay have in place to help ensure my sensitive banking or credit card information is not intercepted while transmitting?
When you send us personal information through our website, we will first establish a "secure session" through the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. SSL technology encodes/encrypts information as it is being sent over the Internet between your computer and Waste Management. The secured communication connection provided by SSL helps ensure transmitted information remains confidential.
- How do I know when a secure session has been created?
Most of the supported browsers give you a message box stating when you are going into a secure session. In addition, Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator both use clear visual symbols to indicate whether or not they are operating in a secure mode. Depending on which browser you are using, the symbols are displayed either at the bottom left or bottom right of your browser window. For instance, in Internet Explorer, on the bottom right side of the browser window, when there is a secure session in place, there is an icon that looks like a small padlock, with the lock closed. This icon disappears when the session is no longer secure. Netscape Navigator uses a key icon in the lower left corner of the screen to show security status. When the key is solid (i.e., unbroken), the session is secure. Another indication that your browser is operating in secure mode can be found in the web site address. The address will begin with 'http://' in standard, non-secure mode and with 'https://' in secure mode. The 's' in 'https' stands for secure.
- What is an appropriate browser?
WM ezPay is designed to support Microsoft Internet Explorer browser versions 6.0 or higher.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer, please go to: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer.aspx
- Why are only some versions of browsers supported?
To help ensure that your confidential financial information is protected in transit, we encrypt all messages between your browser and WM ezPay. Some browsers only support certain levels of encryption.
- If I am traveling, will WM ezPay work from an overseas location?
It may, but there is no guarantee because strong encryption software could not be exported from the United States until recently. For example, an Internet cafe in Europe might not be able to support the level of encryption necessary. Therefore, we recommend that if you will be traveling for a long period of time, make other arrangements to have your Waste Management invoice paid (including prepaying the bill before you leave or setting up an automatic payment). Two options are to set up automatic (recurring) payments through WM ezPay, and the IVR (pay-by-phone service)
- What can I do to help secure my transactions WM ezPay?
As more completely spelled out in the Terms and Conditions, you are responsible for not giving out your credit card information, banking account information or bank routing information, or your Waste Management account information. Furthermore, you need to make sure that you are using an appropriate browser. Additionally, Waste Management automatically signs you out of a session if you are inactive longer than 30 minutes. We recommend you sign out immediately after you are finished transacting your payment(s).