We believe it is imperative to exhibit the highest ethical standards — as a company and as individuals. Our aim is to be defined by a culture that reflects our core values.
Waste Management was recently named to Ethisphere magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” — the only company listed in the environmental services and equipment category. We realize that success in the long run relies upon a vibrant and diverse workforce performing at their very best for the company, as well as for the businesses and communities we serve.
- To create an environment where employees understand standards of ethical conduct and abide by those standards
- To allow employees to confidentially or anonymously communicate breaches in ethical or inclusive behavior without fear of retribution.
- To supply training to educate employees on Waste Management standards of and commitment to ethical conduct, diversity and inclusion.
- Ensure that every employee has a current and relevant Code of Conduct, titled “Focus on Integrity and Inclusion.” The code outlines the company’s core values of honesty, accountability, safety, professionalism, respect, inclusion, diversity, and employee empowerment and emphasizes the need for fair and honest business dealings in all aspects of the company’s business, and provides general guidance.
- Operate an Integrity Help Line (1-800-265-9381 or Click Here to access the reporting portal) to assist employees who have questions about a business issue or wish to report a suspected violation. This multilingual, confidential and/or anonymous toll-free service is available to all employees 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year.
- Comply proactively with all EEO and OFCCP regulations
For more information contact us via:
Email: Ethics and Diversity