- Dumpster Guidelines
- Order & Billing Issues
- Service Issues
- Delivery & Removal Guidelines
- Other Issues
Dumpster sizes vary by service and by area. To check available sizes in your area, enter your zip code in the residential dumpster service finder.
Larger sizes may be available in your area, but not shown online. For assistance, please contact Customer Service.
It is recommended that you provide space to accommodate double the amount of the width and height of the container to assure adequate height and space clearance. Please refer to the container dimensions described in the product details. If you need additional assistance, please contact Customer Service.
Residential customers: please check with your local municipality in case permits are required before placing a container on the street.
The customer assumes all liabilities for damages to any private driving surface, pavement or accompanying subsurface or any route associated to perform the service that was contracted.
Unacceptable Materials for Insta-Bins
No heavy material (ex. concrete, bricks and tile), dirt, demo bricks, hazardous waste, industrial waste, chemical products, oil filters, herbicides & pesticides, radioactive material, solvents, paint (except completely dried latex paint cans, no liquids), other flammable liquids, aerosol cans, propane tanks, motor oil, transmission oil/lubricating/hydraulic oil/oil filters, contaminated oils (mixed with solvents, gasoline, etc.), antifreeze, appliances, petroleum-contaminated soil/lead paint chips, tires, batteries, computers, monitors, televisions, microwaves, fluorescent tubes, railroad ties, medical waste, asbestos, animals, barrels, all liquids.
Material must be level at the top of the container; nothing can be sticking out of the top. Additional requirements may apply based upon locality. Liability for appropriate waste remains with the customer as agreed to in the terms and conditions.
Order & Billing Issues
The price of the dumpster rental includes a one-time delivery and pickup for the selected container size along with standard disposal, fuel, and taxes.
Placing an Order
You can order online 24 hours a day, however, all online orders must occur at least one business day in advance to allow for processing, as terms and conditions apply. Please note that there is no guaranteed delivery time, so if a container is needed first thing in the morning, delivery should be scheduled for the day prior.
Waste Management accepts the following credit cards: American Express, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover.
At this time, Waste Management does not accept payment by check online. We apologize for the inconvenience. For payment by check, please call Customer Service at (855) 217-1089.
Additional Costs - Extra Weight
If your tonnage goes over the included tons quoted in your order, you will be charged additional costs per ton.
Cancel Temporary Service
Please have your receipt available for order changes and cancellations. All changes and cancellations must occur one business day in advance to allow for processing. Any orders cancelled may incur a cancellation fee, as terms and conditions apply.
Change Pickup Schedule
To request a change to your pickup schedule, please contact Customer Service. Please note that all changes to your order must occur at least one business day in advance to allow for processing, as terms and conditions apply. There is an additional charge for keeping the container longer than designated in your order.
Order an Extra Haul
You can have additional hauls with your order. Please note you will be charged the full initial quoted amount for the second time for an additional haul.
Repair Damaged Equipment
Typically, there is no charge to repair equipment damages caused by regular use. To request a repair, please contact Customer Service.
Delivery & Removal Guidelines
- If you have a gated driveway, you will need to provide the driver with a pass code, a key, or the hours of operation and an onsite contact.
- It is not necessary to have someone onsite for delivery or removal of the container. However, please be as specific as possible when answering the delivery questions, as the driver will use their best judgment and place the container in the safest accessible area when delivering the container. If an onsite contact is not available for delivery you will be responsible for all charges involved with relocation of the dumpster should it be necessary. For removal, the customer agrees to provide unobstructed access to the equipment on the scheduled pickup day; if the equipment is inaccessible, the customer is subject to additional pickup charges, as terms and conditions apply.
- If the driver comes for delivery or removal and the customer is not ready for the container to be dropped or removed, please note that trip charges will incur a supplementary cost of $150 per visit from the initial quote.
- Please be advised that deliveries can run any time of the day, and as early as 2 AM in some areas.
Disposal of Unacceptable Materials
For assistance in disposing of unacceptable materials, please contact Customer Service.