- Municipal Solid Waste (MSW)
Non-hazardous household and commercial refuse.
- Asphalt/Concrete (clean)
Any combination of rock, concrete, gravel, brick, asphalt or asphalt grindings which is less than 24 inches (2 feet) in any 2 dimensions. Loads containing debris exceeding this size limitation will be charged as MSW. Loads with debris greater than 6 feet in any dimension may be assessed an additional handling fee (hard-to-handle fee). Concrete debris should have minimal re-bar protruding from the individual pieces of concrete. No trash, excessive metal, wood, roots or grass contaminants. Loads with these contaminants will be charged as MSW. Loads with soil content greater than 10% will be charged as MSW.
- Dirt (clean)
Granular soil such as clay, sand or silt that breaks apart when handled by light duty construction equipment such as a small backhoe or skip loader. No trash, metal or wood. Less than 10% root and/or grass contamination. Loads with these contaminants will be charged as trash. Loads with excessive rock, concrete or asphalt will be charged as MSW.
- Woodwaste and Greenwaste (clean)
Any combination of clean wood, (no painted or treated wood), tree trimmings and other plant matter not listed below. Minimal roots and soil content allowed.
NO trash, Yucca trees,/bushes, Joshua trees, palm trees, palm fronds, rosemary, tumbleweeds, bamboo, sage, grass, pine needles, leaves, sod, hay, oleander, telephone poles, railroad ties, creosote bushes, any kind of treated wood or wood with glue or any kind of adhesive contest allowed. Loads with these contaminants will be charged as MSW.
- Construction and Demolition Waste (C&D)
Mixed load consisting of but not limited to lumber, wood, wood products, roofing materials, plastic pipe, wall board material, rock, concrete, brick, cardboard, metal, etc.
Major appliances such as washers and dryers, water heaters, refrigerators are accepted for recycling for an additional charge.
Automobile and truck tires will be accepted at an additional charge. Tires are shipped to tire processors.
- Electronic Waste
E-waste and CRT’s (televisions, radios, cell phones, computers, computer monitors, VCRs and microwave ovens) are accepted for recycling at no charge.
- Hazardous Materials (automotive batteries, automotive fluids, fuel, antifreeze, oils, paint, lacquer, stain, thinner, varnish, wood preservatives and chemicals of any kind i.e. pool chemicals, pesticides and weed killer)
- Water-Soluble Solids (salt, borax, lye, caustics/acids)
- Biological/Medical Waste
- Empty Containers (that may have contained or have contained hazardous materials)
- Septic Tank or Chemical Toilet Waste
- Automobile Bodies
- Radioactive Materials
- Common Household Batteries (AA, AAA, C and D cells, and button batteries, etc.)
- Flourescent light tubes and bulbs (PCBs), ballasts and mercury vapor lamps
- Mercury containing switches, relays and devices (thermostasts, pilot light sensors, etc.)
Vist the Antelope Valley Environmental Collection Center (AVECC) for more information about recycling household hazardous waste, E-waste and CRT’s.