Vegetative Waste – One time per week on WEDNESDAY
What is vegetative waste? Any cut limbs, palm fronds, branches, bushes, twigs, or grass clipping are considered “yard waste.” Follow the basic preparations below to help dispose of your material properly.
- Small pile must be less than 8 cu, yd, and cut and bundled
- Cut lengths up to 4 feet; no more than 6" in diameter and bundles weighing up to 50 pounds
- No limit on amount set out for collection when cut and bundled
- No limit on loose grass, twigs, leaves, etc when containerized
- Use containers up to 32 gallons and weighing 50 pounds or less
- No plastic bags, Only recyclable yard waste bags will be accepted
Recycling . . .once-a-week
Recycling is once a week, from your curbside on on Mondays.
As a resident of the Sewall’s Point, you are doing your part to help protect and preserve some of our valuable natural resources. Some of the products we purchase almost daily can be turned into recycle materials.
Recyclable Materials to be Collected:
- Aluminum food and beverage containers
- Glass food and beverage containers – brown, clear, or green
- Ferrous (Iron) cans
- PET plastic containers with the symbol # 1 – narrow neck containers only
- HDPE natural plastic containers with the symbol # 2 – narrow neck containers only (milk and water bottles)
- HDPE pigmented plastic containers with the symbol # 2- narrow neck containers only (detergent, shampoo, bleach bottles etc. without caps)
- Plastics with symbols #3, #4, #5, #6, #7- narrow and screw top containers
- Old corrugated containers
- Cereal boxes
- Telephone books
- Printer paper
- Copier paper
- Mail (Junk mail)
- All other office paper without wax liners
- Aseptic packaging (milk & juice cartons)
Materials NOT Accepted, include but are not limited to:
- Microwave trays
- Window or auto glass
- Light Bulbs
- Plastic unnumbered
- Plastic bags
- Coat hangers
- Glass cookware/bakeware
- Household items such as cooking pots, toasters, etc.
- Garden hoses
- Electric cords
- Christmas lights
- Foam cups or packing materials
- Once a week curbside collection – Monday
- Use the yellow and blue recycling bins with weights up to 50 pounds
- No limit on amount set out for collection
Bulk Trash Collection for Single Family Homes
What is bulk trash? Non vegetative items which cannot be containerized, bagged or bundled; household items including, but not limited to, inoperative and discarded refrigerators, ranges, toilets, washers, dryers, bath tubs, water heaters, sinks, bicycles, and other similar appliances, household goods, and furniture.
Note: Any single household items noted above weighing less than 50 lbs will be picked up by the regular solid waste driver.
Bulk collection including large vegetation piles or items not included in regular garbage pick up listed above is an on-call service that must be paid prior to collection. Please call 772-546-7700 to schedule a quote if you have bulk items to be picked up.