Our commitment to community is evident by the number of events and programs we participate in each year. We support and sponsor many regional and local programs, including:
- America's Freedom Fest
- Bluffdale Town Days Rodeo
- Brigham Young University Football
- Chamber Memberships
- Davis County Safe Kids
- Days of ’47
- Lehi Library Gala
- Orem City Summerfest
- Provo City Public Works Day
- REAL Salt Lake
- Sandy Balloon Festival
- Sandy City Jubilee and Amphitheater
- Sandy Pride Day
- South Ogden Days
- Speaking of Women's Health Conference
- Utah City Managers Association
- Utah Jazz
- Utah League of Cities and Towns
- Weber County Golden Spike Arena
- Various fundraising golf tournaments, dumpster donations for non-profit events, and city celebrations and events.
Please visit WM.com for more information on activities that help make communities safer, stronger, better and more fun!
Waste Watch Program - WM Drivers Help Protect Our Communities
WM employees live and work in the communities we serve. We want our communities to be safe and we are uniquely qualified to help achieve that. In a growing number of communities, Waste Management drivers are being trained to identify and report emergencies and suspicious activity along their collection routes. Because our drivers are working at times when neighborhood and business crimes often occur, they are in an ideal position to spot and report these situations. Click here for more information on our Waste Watch® program.
- Desert News: Garbage Truck Driver Does More Than Simply Pick Up the Trash
- SLC Tribune: Local Law Has Secret Weapon
Keep America Beautiful
Keep America Beautiful (KAB) is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization dedicated to community improvement through beautification efforts. For over 50 years, KAB has combined education with hands-on stewardship to prevent litter and reduce waste, making America’s communities cleaner, greener, safer, and more livable.
KAB has launched an internet-based public awareness campaign featuring a new superhero – KAB Man! The campaign takes a humorously low-key approach to raising awareness of the organization, its focus and its initiatives. Go to www.kabman.org to view the three brief movies (“Webisodes”) of KAB Man's exploits.