WM customer ID FAQs
Payment Processing/Cash Application Questions and Answers
- How soon will I see my payment on my Waste Management account?
Your online payment will be reflected on your Waste Management account within five (5) business days. However, your credit card or bank account may be debited the same day the online payment transaction is completed using WM customer ID.
- Can I use my credit card to make a payment?
Yes. WM customer ID allows you to use a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card.
- Can I use my bank account to make a payment?
Yes. WM customer ID allows you to use a checking or savings account.
- Can I pay more than one invoice with WM customer ID?
Yes. You have the ability to pay multiple invoices on a single account using WM customer ID.
- Can I pay multiple accounts with WM customer ID?
Yes. You have the ability to pay all of your accounts using WM customer ID.
- Can I make a payment on a past due account using WM customer ID?
Yes. However, after you make your payment online, please contact your local Waste Management service provider and provide the confirmation number of your payment to avoid interruption of service.
- What information will I need to pay my Waste Management invoice?
For each session where you will pay your Waste Management invoice, you will need your WM customer ID ID, Zip Code, and either a valid credit card, or your bank account information, including the bank routing number and the bank name.
- How do I make a payment using WM customer ID?
There are four basic steps involved in using WM customer ID to make online payments:
- Enter your payment information: You will enter your Waste Management account number and invoice number, what type of customer you are (individual or business), and how much you are paying.
- Enter your contact information: You will enter your name, address, phone, and e-mail address.
- Enter your payment method information: You will enter your credit card or bank account information.
- Review and submit: You will be given an opportunity to review everything you've entered and change anything if necessary. Then you will submit the payment and receive your confirmation reference ID.
- Can I get a credit balance refunded to my credit card or bank account with WM customer ID?
No, you will need to contact your local Waste Management service provider to request a refund or for other questions about the balance on your Waste Management account.
- What do I do if I made an payment and do not see it reflected in my current Waste Management invoice?
Your online payment will be reflected on your Waste Management account within five (5) business days of the date the online payment was transacted. If five (5) business days have passed, please contact the Waste Management Service Center toll free at 1-866-834-2080 option #3 to check the status of your payment.
- Can I pay an amount less than, or greater than the invoice amount using WM customer ID?
Yes. You can pay more or less than the amount of your invoice, but please add a comment explaining why the payment amount does not match the invoice amount to ensure timely processing of your payment.
- Will I get a payment receipt or confirmation after I make a payment using WM customer ID?
Yes. After an online payment (one-time or automatic transaction) is processed using WM customer ID a payment confirmation page will be displayed including a confirmation or reference number. Please print it or note the number and save it for your records.
- If I set up automatic (recurring) payments, when will the payment process?
Automatic payments will always process on the Invoice Date or 4 days after the invoice is viewable on WM customer ID, whichever occurs later.