Doing what is right for the environment is not always easy. It is hard to find the time to get to a recycling facility and sorting plastics, metals and paper into separate bins is time consuming.
Waste Management makes life easier for you by providing curbside recycling pickup services. In many communities, we provide single-stream recycling which allows our customers to put all their recyclables into one bin without sorting. This approach allows us to recover up to three times as many recyclable materials as in the past.
It's a Win/Win Situation
You have an easy way to reduce your impact on the environment and we can divert these materials from going into a landfill. Together we can turn your recyclables into something new.
Green Machinesm - Advantages of Waste Management’s Residential Recycling Pickup Services.
- In many communities all recyclables — plastic, metal and paper — go into a single bin
- On-time, every-time curbside recycling pickup
- Great customer service available online and by phone
Household Waste Pickup - Unacceptable Items
- Automotive parts, motor oil and tires
- Bricks, stones and other building materials
- Computers, TVs, small appliances and all other electronic devices
- Cooking Oil (Add animal litter to solidify)
- Drummed waste
- Fluorescent bulbs or tubes
- Gas tanks or cans
- Hazardous material such as paints, pesticides, driveway sealant, contaminated oils and solvents
- Liquid waste of any kind
- Needles or syringes
Need to dispose of any of these items?
Bulk Waste Pickup
- White goods (stoves, washer, hot water heaters, etc.)
- Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers and other Freon-containing items
- Tires off their rims
- Mattresses, box springs, sofas, chairs, larger furniture items
- Construction materials such as roofing, drywall and lumber
When possible, cut large items such as lumber and carpet into 4-foot lengths and bundle them. Place bulk items at the curb neatly and dismantled when appropriate.
All recyclable materials must be clean and rinsed out.
- Paper Products
- Newspapers and inserts
- Magazines and catalogs
- Cardboard and clean empty pizza boxes (flattened into pieces no larger than 2 x 4 feet.)
- Paper boxes such as cereal, cracker, pasta, tissue, shoe, gift, etc. (discard plastic liner and flatten)
- Junk mail and home office paper
- Telephone directories and all books
- School papers, files, folders, etc.
- All envelopes
- Gift wrap
- Plastic and Metal
- Household cleaning supply containers (All containers must be emptied, rinsed and caps discarded. Labels are acceptable)
- Aerosol cans (No pesticide or spray paints)
- Metal cans with or without lids
- Milk cartons and drink boxes
- Rinsed out #1 and #2 plastic bottles and jars
- Glass (acceptable only in certain municipalities - please check with your local Waste Management office)
- Clear, green and brown glass bottles and jars
Food, Yard and Organic Waste
- Garden debris
- Shrubbery trimmings
- Brush and tree trimmings that are both less than 2 inches in diameter and 4 feet long
- Tree stumps