Your trash getting picked up on time is as important as the lights coming on when you flip the switch or water flowing when you turn on the faucet.
With over 25 million customers, Waste Management has the infrastructure needed to provide dependable waste pickup services throughout the nation and in your neighborhood.
Advantages of Residential Waste Pickup Services
- Peace of mind that comes from knowing we are committed to providing you with on-time, every-time waste pickup
- Quick and accurate answers from knowledgeable customer service representatives either online or by telephone
- Easy online customer tools to help you manage your account and pay bills
Request a quote now and we will help you get the household waste services you need.
Household Waste Pickup - Unacceptable Items
- Automotive parts, motor oil and tires
- Bricks, stones and other building materials
- Computers, TVs, small appliances and all other electronic devices
- Cooking Oil (Add animal litter to solidify)
- Drummed waste
- Fluorescent bulbs or tubes
- Gas tanks or cans
- Hazardous material such as paints, pesticides, driveway sealant, contaminated oils and solvents
- Liquid waste of any kind
- Needles or syringes
Need to dispose of any of these items?
Bulk Waste Pickup
- White goods (stoves, washer, hot water heaters, etc.)
- Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers and other Freon-containing items
- Tires off their rims
- Mattresses, box springs, sofas, chairs, larger furniture items
- Construction materials such as roofing, drywall and lumber
When possible, cut large items such as lumber and carpet into 4-foot lengths and bundle them. Place bulk items at the curb neatly and dismantled when appropriate.
All recyclable materials must be clean and rinsed out.
- Paper Products
- Newspapers and inserts
- Magazines and catalogs
- Cardboard and clean empty pizza boxes (flattened into pieces no larger than 2 x 4 feet.)
- Paper boxes such as cereal, cracker, pasta, tissue, shoe, gift, etc. (discard plastic liner and flatten)
- Junk mail and home office paper
- Telephone directories and all books
- School papers, files, folders, etc.
- All envelopes
- Gift wrap
- Plastic and Metal
- Household cleaning supply containers (All containers must be emptied, rinsed and caps discarded. Labels are acceptable)
- Aerosol cans (No pesticide or spray paints)
- Metal cans with or without lids
- Milk cartons and drink boxes
- Rinsed out #1 and #2 plastic bottles and jars
- Glass (acceptable only in certain municipalities - please check with your local Waste Management office)
- Clear, green and brown glass bottles and jars
Food, Yard and Organic Waste
- Garden debris
- Shrubbery trimmings
- Brush and tree trimmings that are both less than 2 inches in diameter and 4 feet long
- Tree stumps