Waste Management: TRANSFORMERS™: AGE OF EXTINCTION Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”)
2014 OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC). DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED. SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, Washington, D.C., or Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec) who are of legal age of majority in their jurisdiction as of June 9, 2014.
The following individuals are not eligible to enter or win a prize: employees, contractors, directors, agents, representatives, and officers of Waste Management National Services, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, Paramount Pictures Corporation (“Paramount”), and the web design, advertising, fulfillment, legal, judging, administrative, and Sweepstakes agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment, and execution of this Sweepstakes (all such individuals and entities are collectively referred to herein as the “Sweepstakes Parties”), Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC., and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or "step" of each) and those living in the same household of each such person (those persons whether related or not who lived in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes). Paramount is not responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes, the collection, submission or processing of entries, the selection of winners or the fulfillment of prizes.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes starts on June 9, 2014 at 12:00:01 a.m. CT and ends on July 7, 2014 at 11:59:59 p.m. CT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The website server is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
3. TO ENTER: Employees of businesses that receive service(s) from Waste Management who (a) have a Waste Management account number (“Eligible Business”), and (b) are authorized to contract for waste disposal services on behalf of the business may enter the Sweepstakes by following the link in the email received from the Sponsor regarding the Sweepstakes, or by visiting www.wm.com/transformation, and following the on-screen directions to complete and submit the online entry form (including the Waste Management Account Number of the Eligible Business, if applicable). An online entry form submitted by an employee authorized to contract for waste disposal services on behalf of an Eligible Business will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
Or, to enter by mail, hand-print your full name, company name, title, full mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), day and evening phone numbers, email address, and Waste Management Account Number (if applicable) on a 3½" × 5" postcard and mail it with proper postage affixed to: "WM Transformers Sweepstakes", P.O. Box 1252, Elmhurst, IL 60126. Limit one (1) entry per postage-stamped postcard or envelope. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by July 7, 2014 and received by July 14, 2014. Mail entry is open to all eligible individuals; you do not need to be employed by an Eligible Business to enter by mail. The Sponsor is not responsible for illegible, incomplete, misdirected or postage-due mail-in entries.
Limit one (1) entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period regardless of method of entry.
Automated means of entry are prohibited and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Entrants may not use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times above the stated limit or as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the natural person associated with the email account used for entry will be considered the entrant. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions.
4. DRAWING AND ODDS OF WINNING: Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received from all entry methods combined. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Drawings will be conducted on or about July 14, 2014 at approximately 1:00 p.m. CT in Elmhurst, IL by a third party promotion administrator, whose decision shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. If you win a First Prize, you are still eligible to win the Grand Prize. Limit (1) First Prize per person/Eligible Business.
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARVs”):
TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES: $4,021 USD.
Up to thirty (30) First Prizes are available:
Canadian First Prize Winners will receive the Canadian equivalent of $26 USD as a gift card/voucher/gift certificate to be used at a movie theater. Gift Cards/vouchers/gift certificates/reward codes are subject to the restrictions, terms and conditions set by their respective issuer. Gift Cards/voucher/gift certificates will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Each U.S. First Prize Winner will receive two (2) reward codes. Each reward code is valid for one (1) movie certificate redeemable for one (1) admission (up to $13 total value) to see TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION or any other movie at participating theaters in the U.S. (Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $26 USD.) Reward code is void if not activated by 12/31/14 and movie certificate is void if not used within 12 months from the date of activation. Go to http://www.activaterewards.com/paramount to redeem code. If lost or stolen, cannot be replaced. No reproductions will be accepted. No cash value. If cost of movie admission is more than the maximum value of the movie certificate then winner must pay the difference. No change will be provided. Internet access and printer required, and winner must bring printed certificate to the participating theater box office to redeem. Not valid with any other offer. Offer valid only in U.S. and valid for one-time use only. Not for resale; void if sold or exchanged. Winner must comply with all terms and conditions specified by the issuer. Fandango is not a Sponsor of or affiliated with this Sweepstakes.
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE is available: A trip for winner and one (1) guest to visit Paramount Studios in Los Angeles, California. ARV: $3,241 USD.
If a Canadian resident wins the Grand Prize, then, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, the prize (trip ARV of $3,241) may be awarded as the cash equivalent in U.S. Dollars, less the applicable U.S. income tax (30% of the ARV), which the Sponsor will remit to the U.S. IRS, in compliance with U.S. tax law.
Grand Prize trip includes: Round-trip coach transportation for winner and one (1) verified travel guest (“Guest”) from a major commercial airport near winner’s residence within the 50 United States or Canada (excluding Quebec) to Los Angeles, CA, transportation to and from the airport and the hotel, four (4) days/three (3) nights hotel accommodation (standard single room, double occupancy) at the Loews Hollywood Hotel (or a similar hotel selected by Sponsor and/or Paramount in their sole discretion), one $200 USD gift certificate for Hollywood and Highland Center, a tour of Paramount Studios, two (2) front of line passes to Universal Studios.
Actual value of Grand Prize may vary depending on winner’s point of departure, airfare and hotel price fluctuations. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded. Airport, airline, ground transportation and hotel accommodation will be determined by the Sponsor. Travel dates and accommodation are subject to availability and restrictions. If in the judgment of Sponsor/Administrator, air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to destination (if winner lives close enough to Los Angeles, CA), winner will receive ground transportation in lieu of air transportation, and no compensation will be given for such substitution. Winner may be required to provide a deposit or payment in advance or present a credit card at time of hotel check-in to cover hotel incidentals.
Winner must notify Sponsor of desired dates of travel no later than thirty (30) days prior to the desired date of departure. Prize travel must be completed by December 31, 2014. No changes can be made to any trip element once it is booked/reserved. Sponsor does not guarantee transportation and accommodations will be available on the exact dates requested by winner.
Once Guest is selected, he/she may not be substituted, except in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Winner and winner’s Guest must travel on same itinerary, comply with all security requirements for travel and are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents prior to departure date for travel including valid visas and passports, as applicable. Winner and Guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Winner’s Guest must be 18 years of age or older and of legal age of majority in their state/province of residence. A minor may accompany winner as a Guest only if the winner is the minor’s parent or legal guardian, and the release of liability/publicity must also be signed by Guest’s parent or legal guardian. A minor going on the prize trip must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times. Winner and Guest must sign and return a release of liability/publicity (where signing such publicity release is lawful) before travel is booked.
Sponsor and/or its prize providers have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the Grand Prize winner and/or his or her Guest from any activity at any time without compensation if the Grand Prize winner’s behavior or his or her Guest’s behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor, or its prize providers, and in such a case, Grand Prize winner will still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses relating to the prize. Winner and/or Guest’s participation in any or all activities on the prize trip is voluntary.
Travel arrangements are subject to availability and must be round trip. Flight itinerary may include one or more stops and/or layovers. Airfare may not include government taxes, Passenger Facility Charges or September 11th Security Fee. Luggage fees, meals, excursions fees, alcoholic beverages and any other incidental costs or other expenses not specifically set forth herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. Airline tickets are nonrefundable/nontransferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. Airline tickets are subject to flight variations, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions or any act of omission whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any Grand Prize-related services or accommodations. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. Additional prize details and travel information to be provided to the winner at the time of notification. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged.
Passes and tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Grand Prize winner agrees that event admission is awarded pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to the Grand Prize winner and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prizes are nontransferable and no cash redemption or prize substitutions will be permitted, except in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize in whole or in part with one of comparable or greater value. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use, not specifically provided herein, are the responsibility of the winner. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value at the time the prize was redeemed will not be awarded.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIM: Winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. Grand Prize winner will be contacted via email and/or phone using information provided by the entrant at the time of entry to provide mailing address information. If any winner does not respond to a phone or email notification within seven (7) calendar days of first phone or email notification attempt, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be contacted.
Grand Prize winner will be required to verify their eligibility by completing, signing, notarizing and returning a Declaration/Affidavit of Eligibility. Liability Release, and, where imposing such conditions is legal, a Publicity Release (granting the use of the winner’s name, city/state/province, likeness, or photograph by Sponsor for advertising/publicity purposes, without further compensation) within ten (10) calendar days of attempted mail notification or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be contacted. Guest of winner will also be required to sign a Liability Release and where imposing such condition is legal, a Publicity Release before travel arrangements will be made.
Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address, email address and/or telephone number of entrants. If a prize notification or prize is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, or if notification email is not timely received for any reason, including because of spam filters; if any prize correspondence is not returned within the required time period, or if a potential winner is found not to be eligible or in noncompliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be contacted. Prize may not be awarded if the prize is not properly claimed.
First Prizes: Movie certificates will be emailed to the email addresses used during registration. Canadian First Prize winners will be contacted via email and/or phone to confirm/provide address information. If any winner does not respond to a phone or email notification within seven (7) calendar days of first phone or email notification attempt, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be contacted. First Prizes for Canadian winners will be shipped to the addresses provided during notification within 4-6 weeks after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
Taxes: Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on the prize, and if a Grand Prize winner is a U.S. resident, he/she will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reporting the value of the prize, and will required to complete a W9 Tax Form for the sole purpose of preparation of any tax forms, as required by law.
Canadian Winners: In order to be declared a winner, a Canadian resident must correctly answer a time-limited, skill-testing question without assistance of any kind. Any selected entrant who incorrectly answers the time-limited, skill-testing question will be disqualified and an alternate entrant chosen by random draw who must then correctly answer the question.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will award the prizes in a drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, entrant’s sole remedy shall be another entry into the Sweepstakes.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties (collectively, “Releasees”) resulting from user's participation in, attempt to participate in, or download of any information in connection with participating in, the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction, including, without limitation, those arising in connection with any of the following occurrences that may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless, or Internet connectivity, or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts, or providers; garbled, jumbled, or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent to or received; lost, late, delayed, or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or website; unauthorized human or nonhuman intervention in the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of the prize or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on promotional materials or on the website. Use of website is at user’s own risk. Releasees are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or any other losses of any kind that may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, use of the website/wireless networks or the download of any information from the website, or any other loss related to user’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. AS A CONDITION OF ENTERING, ENTRANTS AGREE (AND AGREE TO CONFIRM IN WRITING): (A) TO RELEASE SPONSOR AND SWEEPSTAKES PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE INCURRED WITH RESPECT TO ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE AWARDING, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING ANY TRAVELING RELATED THERETO; (B) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES; (C) ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; AND (D) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARD SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, EXCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND COURT COSTS.
10. PUBLICITY: Except in Tennessee, and where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, winners (or winner’s parent/legal guardian, if winner is a minor) grant permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use their name, and address (city and state/province), photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media (including posting on website) now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without further notice to and without additional compensation. If you are selected as a winner, your information may also be included in a publicly available winners list.
11. GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of United States and Canada applicable thereto, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, you consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Houston, Texas for the resolution of all disputes, and agree that any and all disputes shall be resolved exclusively in those courts. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
12. WINNERS LIST: For any legally required winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Waste Management: TRANSFORMERS™: AGE OF EXTINCTION Sweepstakes – TCO002, Winners List Request, P.O. Box 1095, Elmhurst, IL 60126. Residents of Canada may omit postage on the self-addressed envelope. Requests must be received by August 1, 2014.
13. SPONSOR: Waste Management National Services, Inc., 1001 Fannin, Suite 4000, Houston, TX 77002 USA.
MOTION PICTURE ARTWORK TM © 2014 PARAMOUNT PICTURES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.