See below for service suspensions, facility closures, or service delays.
WM provides an essential service to our customers and the community, and we remain focused on prioritizing essential collection and disposal services.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and will update this webpage as new information becomes available. Please check back often.
If your community is not listed here, there are no Service Alerts for your area.
Effective for all homes and all cities/counties
Due to the impact of COVID-19 social distancing requirements, the number of people sheltering at home and increased volumes of residential materials, the following services are temporarily suspended until further notice:
- Bulk collection (e.g., furniture, carpet, mattresses, appliances)
- Any extra trash bags or any items that do not fit safety inside the WM container
Services or Events Suspended or Changed
- Annual Free Dump Days at Lockwood Regional has been postponed until further notice.
- Washoe County and City of Sparks: The Spring extra bag collection service is delayed until mid-June.
- Incline Village Green Waste collection program delayed until after June 1. Stickers mailings have been temporarily postponed.
Facility Closures or Reduced Hours of Operation
Due to the impact of COVID-19, the following facilities have temporary schedule changes or will be closed until further notice:
- Carson City; Doors closed to walk-in customers.
- Fernley Office; Closed. Payment Drop Box Remains Open
- Silver Springs Transfer Station; Public Access Drop Off Closed
- Incline Village; Doors closed to walk-in customers. Payment Drop Box on site.
- Reno Office; Doors closed to walk-in customers.
- Reno Public Recycling Drop Off; Public Access Drop Off Closed
Unless your service is listed in service suspension or delays listed above, please follow our standard service guidelines, ensure your containers are available on your regular collection day and continue to recycle right.
1Alert Posted: Thursday, 4/30/2020