COVID-19 Service Alerts for Nevada
See below for service suspensions, facility closures, or service delays. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and update customers as applicable. To ensure you receive the latest information, sign up for notifications at MYPREFERENCES. To monitor the status of your services at any time, visit MYWM
Unless your service is listed in service suspension or delays listed below, please ensure your containers are available on your regular collection day and continue to recycle right. We are an essential service to our customers and the community, and we remain focused on prioritizing the collection and disposal services our customers need.
Services or Events Suspended or Changed
Bulky Pickup and excess waste services temporarily suspended:
Effective Monday, March 30 we are temporarily suspending the following non-essential services requiring special handling by the driver, including but not limited to pick up of: bulky items, cardboard, excess waste, and any other materials outside a container. You may place excess waste (not used oil or household hazardous waste) in your personal cart, and we will collect it. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee your cart will not be damaged or accidentally dropped into our collection vehicle by the mechanical arm.
Lockwood Regional Landfill is open to the public during regular hours 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday
- Annual Free Dump Days at Lockwood Regional are postponed until further notice. This event is usually held during the first three weekends (Thursday through Saturday) of April.
Facility Closures or Reduced Hours of Operation - Updated 4/8/2020
Due to the impact of COVID-19, the following facilities have temporary schedule changes or will be closed until further notice:
- Carson City – Doors closed to walk-in customers. Call 775-343-7596, email CarsonCity@wm.com Payment Drop Box on site.
- Fernley Office Closed; Payment Drop Box Remains Open
- Fernley Transfer Station Public Access Drop Off Closed
- Silver Springs Transfer Station Public Access Drop Off Closed
Washoe County - Aert updated 4/8/2020
- Incline Village –Doors closed to walk-in customers. Call 775-831-2971 or email InclineVillage@wm.com Payment Drop Box on site.
- Incline Village Transfer Station; Public Access Drop Off Closed
- Reno (Vassar Street) Doors closed to walk-in customers. Call 775-329-8822 or email CSNevada@wm.com Payments may be left in mail slot.
- Reno Transfer Station at 1390 Commercial Row (also called Sage Street Transfer Station);
- Public Access Drop OPEN, Monday to Friday 7am- 5pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am -4:30pm
- Credit card or free dump voucher only. No Cash.
- Reno Public Recycling Drop Off 1100 E Commercial Row is Closed
- Stead Transfer Station at 13890 Mt Anderson Street; Public Access Drop Off Closed