At Waste Management, we are committed to putting people first. The health and safety of our employees, customers and communities is our highest priority. Due to COVID-19, services may be impacted, see below for service change information. We will continue to monitor the situation and update our service schedules based on recommendations from local officials and health experts.
In order for Waste Management to maintain its focus on municipal solid waste collection and disposal, and due to the reduced number of employees in the field, effective Wednesday, March 25, 2020, Waste Management is temporarily suspending the performance of the following services, which are non-essential during this period of emergency:
- Bulk Collection – furniture, carpet, mattresses, appliances, etc.
- Spring and bulk clean-ups
- Yard Waste Collection – grass clippings, brush, tree limbs, etc.
- All trash/refuse must be bagged and sealed and, wherever possible, placed in containers. LOOSE ITEMS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- All recyclable materials must be placed inside recycling bin (including cardboard). ITEMS LEFT OUTSIDE OF BIN WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- WM will enforce (bag and/or cart limits), as reflected in our current contract.
We have been a part of this community for many years and know that together we will be resilient. Thank you for your partnership during this critical time.
West Virginia Landfill Notice:
Waste Management has been granted a minor permit modification from the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection to suspend its monthly “Free Day” at all WM owned and/or operated landfills in West Virginia to reduce potential exposure of WM employees and customers to the COVID-19 virus. Once the state of emergency has been lifted, WM will resume normal “Free Day” schedules.
• City of Charleston Landfill (Charleston, WV)
• Disposal Services, Inc. (Hurricane, WV)
• LCS Services, Inc. (Hedgesville, WV)
• Meadowfill Landfill, Inc. (Bridgeport, WV)
• Northwestern Landfill, Inc. (Parkersburg, WV)
• S&S Grading, Inc. aka S&S Landfill, Inc. (Clarksburg, WV)
Recycling in Bridgeport / Clarksburg, WV
- Based on the COVID-19 pandemic, the WVDEP has granted a temporary waiver for facilities to accept recyclables and yard waste for disposal. Due to the temporary closure of the Enterprise Sanitation Inc. recycling facility / Harrison County Recycling Center, until further notice Waste Management may be collecting solid waste and recycling together.