Home pick up of your household generated special materials
Do you have used motor oil? Old cans of paint? Unwanted household batteries?
Waste Management offers a collection service for these household special materials to residents of Rolling Hills Estates.Through this program, you can schedule a collection of these materials right from your home.
Acceptable materials for pick up include:
- Automotive Products (used motor oil, oil filters and batteries)
- Garden Chemicals (pesticides, herbicides, weed killers, etc.)
- Paint Products
- Household Cleaners
- Swimming Pool Chemicals
- Electronics (TV’s, computers, monitors and more)
- Universal Materials ( Batteries, Fluorescent tubes, CFLs, thermometers, etc.)
How it Works!
There are three easy ways to schedule a collection:
- Go to www.wmatyourdoor.com
- Call 1-800-449-7587 (Mon-Fri, 5:00a.m.-5:00p.m. PST)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Easy & Convenient!
We do not accept biological waste, appliances, ammunition, asbestos, any medicines/pharmaceuticals or radioactive materials. Materials must be in a sealed, labeled container in 5 gal or less. This is a residential program only, no business materials will be collected.
Used Oil Collection
Curbside oil and oil filter collection is available on your service day. Oil must be deposited next to your trash cart in a Waste Management disposal container, which is available from Waste Management. Used oil filters should be placed in clear plastic bags. Your full oil container will be exchanged with a clean container which will be left at the curb. Call Customer Service within 24 hours of your collection day (Wednesday) to schedule a pick-up, or for more information.
Rolling Hills Estates residents have three options for the safe and simple recycling of their household batteries:
- Drop off household batteries in designated collection baskets at city facilities, including City Hall, the Tennis Center, and the Nature Center. Batteries must be taped at the ends using masking, mailing, or mechanical tape. Car batteries and electronic items cannot be recycled at city facilities.
- Residents can have their household and automotive batteries collected directly from their home. Simply call 1-800-449-7587 or email email@example.com to schedule a home pick up!