Waste Management of North County/Coast Waste Management operates a household hazardous waste (HHW) drop-off location, located in Oceanside for Oceanside residents to properly dispose of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW). Proof of residency and an appointment is required. HHW includes: used oil filters, motor oil and used motor oil, paint, antifreeze, batteries, pesticides, household cleaners, pool chemicals and sharps/needles. Residents may bring 15 gallons or 125 pounds of material for drop off at one time. To find out the schedule and make an appointment, contact customer service at 1(800) DUMPSTER. NOTE: Oceanside residents can bring used motor oil, antifreeze and oil filters to the recycling center Tuesday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., without an appointment. Proof of Oceanside residency is required.
For information about disposal of commercial- or industrial-generated hazardous waste, contact I Love a Clean San Diego at 1(800) 237-2583.
Go to the Web page for our buyback centers for more information about recycling.
Oceanside Recycling Center - Map It
2880 Industry St.
Oceanside, CA 92054
(Located one block south of Oceanside Blvd.)
Hours of Operation
Scheduled Saturdays by appointments only -- please contact customer service at 1(800) DUMPSTER or (760) 439-2824 to schedule an appointment
Yes, for the drop-off of household hazardous waste or universal waste on Saturdays -- however, used motor oil, oil filters and antifreeze can be dropped off on weekdays without an appointment. E-waste and household batteries can also be dropped off at any time without an appointment at Waste Management's Recycling Centers. For HHW drop-off, please contact customer service at 1(800) DUMPSTER or (760) 439-2824 to schedule an appointment, which are booked for Saturdays, twice per month, between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Who can drop off HHW?
Residents of Carlsbad, Oceanside and Camp Pendleton. Proof of residency is required.
How many items can be dropped off with each appointment?
Up to 15 gallons or 125 pounds per visit.
- fluorescent light tubes
- motor oil and used motor oil
- chemicals (pool and others)
- household cleaners
- household sharps like syringes or lancets, properly packaged for safe disposal
- medical waste
Disposal of Used Motor Oil
It is important to properly dispose of used motor oil to ensure it stays out of our storm drains and the ocean. Next time you change your oil, be sure to follow these steps:
- Remove the oil filter from your car and drain it well for at least 24 hours - once it is drained, place it in a plastic bag.
- Drain the oil from your car into a plastic container.
- Secure the top on the container to ensure against spillage.
- Once the items are secure, transport them to a certified used oil recycling center.
There are a number of options for proper and safe disposal of used motor oil and filters:
- Oceanside residents can bring used motor oil, antifreeze and oil filters to the recycling center Tuesday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., without an appointment. Proof of Oceanside residency is required.
- Many auto or tire supply stores or service centers will accept used motor oil and filters. Earth 911 offers a list searchable by zip code to locate a recycler near you. Call in advance to make sure they will take the items and to verify store hours.
Additional information may be found at the Earth 911 Web site or by calling 1(800) CLEANUP (1-800-253-2687).