All single-family residences and duplexes (two units) are provided with the following enhanced services on your scheduled collection day:
- Recyclable materials (grey cart with blue lid)
- Green waste (grey cart with brown lid)
- Household trash (grey cart with grey lid)
For prices please contact Customer Service.
Place all carts at curbside by 6:00 am on your scheduled collection day. Lids must be closed, and the lid opening must face towards the street. Carts should be placed side-by-side at least 3 feet apart and 6 feet away from parked cars or objects. As a courtesy to your neighbor, promptly remove carts after service.
There are a limited number of low-income discounts available. Please contact Customer Service at 530-662-8748 for additional information and application.
Maximum Weight Limits
96 gallon carts: 250 lbs.
To avoid exceeding the weight limitation of the cart, or causing possible damage to the cart or collection vehicle, do not place rocks, concrete, bricks or dirt inside carts. Any items placed within the cart must fall out easily when the cart is being serviced. Please do not overfill or tightly pack items into the cart.
If the cart exceeds the weight limitation, the driver will attempt service and will notify the resident of the problem by leaving a Non-Collection Notice attached to the cart. However, if we are unable to empty the cart, the cart will be tagged and marked as “overweight.” It will then be the responsibility of the resident to make the correction and contact Waste Management for service.
Resident Responsibility for Cart
Waste Management will provide free of charge one free replacement cart (per type) every four years of lost or stolen containers and containers taken or damaged and one free replacement per year for graffiti on containers. Please contact Customer Service for cart replacements.
Do NOT place the following materials in your carts:
- Hazardous waste (products labeled toxic, poison, corrosive, flammable, or irritant)
- Medical waste (visit http://medwaste.wm.com for an approved mail-in sharps container or visit www.cityofwoodland.org for local information)
- Oil and/or oil filters
- Automotive batteries
- Batteries of any kind
- Cfl bulbs (twisty bulbs) and/or fluorescent tubes
- Hot ashes
- Electronic waste (electronic equipment such as computers, TVs, cell phones, microwave ovens)
- Toner/ink cartridges
- Infectious waste (including used needles)
If these materials are found in the cart, it will be tagged with a Non-Collection Notice and will not be serviced. It will then be the responsibility of the resident to make the correction and contact WM for service.