Type of Service: Residential curbside automated collection of trash, recycle and yard trimmings.
Restriction on Carts: Refer to weight limits imprinted on carts.
Collection Hours: 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
Recycling Program: Weekly automated curbside collection utilizing commingled cart system.
Bulky Item Pick-Up: Four item maximum per year (furniture and appliances only). Call to schedule an appointment. Items must be placed curbside. Pickups are scheduled on the same day as your regular pickup.
Extra Services: Additional service, extra carts, INSTA-BIN® Temporary Bin/Dumpster Rental, roll-off boxes and storage bins are available for an extra charge.
Annual Clean-Up Days: Contact the Simi Valley Landfill for dates.
All non-recyclable material is to be placed in your blue trash cart. All materials must fit in cart or will not be collected.
Recycling (Gray Cart): You may mix aluminum & tin cans, plastics, glass bottles & jars, cardboard, brown paper bags, newspapers, magazines, junk mail, telephone books and mixed paper. Do not put trash or yard trimmings in this cart. All materials must fit in the cart or it will not be collected. Scavenging recyclables from carts is illegal.
Yard Trimmings (Green Cart): You may put yard trimmings such as grass clippings, leaves, brush, tree limbs, horse manure, unpainted/unstained wood 6" or less in diameter and less than 4' long in this cart. Place yard trimmings directly into cart. Do not use plastic bags. Do not put dirt, rocks, trash or recyclables in this cart. All material must fit in cart or will not be collected.
Household Hazardous Waste Recycling: Free household hazardous waste collection events are held the 3rd Saturday of every month (except December). Call (805) 583-6321 for an appointment.
Moorpark residents can also attend the Camarillo HHW collection event on the 2nd Friday and Saturday each month. The appointment number is (805) 987-0717.
Billing Cycle: Payment is due by the 25th of the second service month. Payments not received by the end of the month are subject to late charges and discontinuance of service.
- Trash, recycling and yard carts must be out by 6:00 a.m. the day of pickup.
- Do not block carts Carts must be placed with arrows facing street and require 12" - 18" between carts and a 36" distance from other obstructions (mailboxes and cars).
- Weekly limit: 1 trash, 1 recycle, 1 yard trimmings cart. You may order additional carts at a nominal fee.
- Carts and contents not to exceed weight limit printed on cart.
- All material must fit in provided cart or will not be collected.
- Senior citizen discount available. Minimum age = 62
- Appliances and oversized items are not included in regular service. Additional service, bulky item pickup, extra carts, INSTA-BIN® Temporary Bin/Dumpster Rental and roll-off boxes available for an extra charge.
Holiday Tree Collection
Waste Management will collect and recycle unflocked trees curbside during the first two weeks after Christmas Day. Please cut your tree in half and place in the green waste cart on your service day. Please remove all decorations including tinsel, lights, ornaments and tree stands before placing your tree in the green waste cart.