Waste Management is continuously working together with the community to increase the recycling efforts. We strongly encourage you to participate each week by placing all acceptable recycling materials in your designated recycling cart and place at curbside on your regularly scheduled service day.
Just remember the 3 R’s – REDUCE, REUSE & RECYCLE!
Acceptable Materials for Curbside Recycling
Beverage cans (empty and clean)
Bottles and containers labeled #1 - #7 Look for the recycle symbol on the bottom of the container (empty and clean - labels ok)
All food and beverage containers that are brown, green and clear (empty and clean - labels & lids ok)
All metal, food and beverage containers and scrap metal (empty and clean - labels ok)
And everything else that comes in it
Color, white and office paper
Paper bags, cereal and food boxes, egg cartons, shoe boxes (flatten down to make room for more recyclables!)
Tin, junk mail, magazines and telephone books
Non-Acceptable Materials for Curbside Recycling
|Hazardous Waste Materials
Batteries, tires, oil, paint, anti-freeze
Branches, leaves, plants
For more information or questions on recycling services available in your area, please contact our Recycling Coordinator at (661) 223-3411.
- Call your local tire stores for drop-off locations.
- LA County hosts tire waste events throughout the year. For more information please call (888) CLEAN-LA or visit www.888cleanla.com.
- Antelope Valley Recycling & Disposal Facility and Lancaster Landfill & Recycling Center will accept tires at a nominal hazardous waste fee
- Lancaster single-family residents may call the Customer Service Department to arrange for once-a-year refrigerator pickup. The service account must be in good standing prior to arranging for the special service.
- Southern California Edison (800) 234-9722
(Refrigerators and freezers must be in working condition)
- Antelope Valley Recycling & Disposal Facility and Lancaster Landfill & Recycling Center will accept refrigerators and freezers at a nominal fee.