As a local fixture for more than 30 years, Waste Management has been an active part of many local communities, serving as both the solid waste and recycling service provider and a community partner. We provide residential, commercial and industrial trash collection, recycling services and dumpster rentals to El Cajon, Santee, San Diego and East County.
We are proud to have been involved in a number of key local efforts:
- When you see the "breathe easy" signs on our trucks, it means we are helping to keep the air clean by using low-emission, liquefied natural gas-powered trash and recycling trucks. Waste Management of San Diego’s fleet of 125 LNG-powered waste and recycling collection trucks is the second largest fleet of natural gas refuse trucks in the nation. WMSD worked in partnership with PG&E Generating Company (now Calpine) for a program that used emission reductions from the LNG collection fleet to pave the way for construction of a much-needed power plant in San Diego County. This was the first time that emission reductions from mobile sources were used to offset emissions from a major new stationary source.
- Waste Management of San Diego was the first trash and recycling service provider in the county to offer single stream curbside recycling to its residential customers. Beginning in 1994, we made it easier for our residential customers to recycle by placing all of their recyclables in one bin. In addition to curbside recycling services, we also offer a buyback recycling center for people to bring recyclable items to redeem for CRV. Waste Management also has comprehensive and safe household hazardous waste, e-waste and universal waste drop-off locations for municipal customers in local cities.
- We are proud to be the pilot site for two company initiatives that will help our community and our environment. Waste Management of San Diego's employees are taking part in the Employee Volunteer Program and also the Sustainability Project. The volunteer program encourages volunteerism among employees and rewards them for their efforts; the sustainability project ensures our offices and employees not only THINK green, but also work and live green.
- Waste Management is a partner with Freecycle, an online network where members give away and get items for free in their own communities - rather than filling up our landfills with gently used items, find someone else in your community who could put it to good use!
- We support a number of local community organizations throughout San Diego and East San Diego County with employee volunteerism and event participation.
- Each year we provide Christmas tree collection and recycling services to the customers in the cities we service.
Waste Management of San Diego's more than 200 Waste Management employees thank you for the opportunity to provide you with comprehensive solid waste and recycling services. And if you aren't a current Waste Management customer, contact our customer service center at (619) 596-5100 to see how we might be able to provide you with excellent service.