About AB 341
Legislation AB 341, which is designed to help meet California’s recycling goal of 75% by the year 2020 is now in effect. This law requires California commercial enterprises and public entities that generate four or more cubic yards per week of waste, and multi-family housing complexes with five or more units, to adopt recycling practices.
Benefits of AB 341
In addition to less material going into local landfills, AB-341 will also contribute to San Diego County’s economy. The Department of Resource Recycling estimates that local jurisdictions, schools, and businesses will save $40 million to $60 million per year from 2012-2020, due to lower recycling versus disposal costs. A higher volume of recyclables will also create manufacturing and recycling jobs and help contribute to California’s competitiveness.
Compliance with AB 341 is easy and Waste Management is here to help
Waste Management is working with the cities that it serves on a program to support commercial customers and multi-family complexes in meeting the AB341 requirements. Waste Management can also provide customers with a free waste and recycling assessment.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have limited space for containers. How can I comply?
We are working to provide a number of options to assist with your diverse needs. One of our representatives can help you identify your options.
Where can I find information on AB 341?
Cal Recycle http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/Recycle/Commercial/FAQ.htm.
Read the official bill online: http://leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/asm/ab_0301-0350/ab_341_bill_20111006_chaptered.pdf
- Tips to Maximize Your Recycling Success
- Multi-Family Recycling Poster
- Office Recycling Poster
- Recycling Certificate for print and posting
Learn More About Other Green Programs at: wm.com/business/recycling-services.jsp
- Fluorescent Bulb Recycling
- Ewaste Recycling Programs
- Sharps and Medical Waste Programs
- Battery Recycling Programs
Where to Go for More Information
California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (Cal Recycle)
- More information about California’s business recycling requirements.
- Resources for business, including economic incentives, existing programs, and other useful recycling information is also provided by Cal Recycle.
- Information and resources regarding business waste reduction.
Other website resources:
- County of San Diego website http://www.r1earth.org/
- City of Oceanside Solid Waste & Recycling