Our mission is simple: Remove your waste, retain your trust.
Here’s how we fulfill that mission every day.
Garbage will be collected weekly. Recycling will be collected every other week.
Collection Days: Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday
View schedule and map details
Garbage, recycling and yard waste must be placed at curbside by 6:30 am on the collection day and must be sorted and in separate containers. Items cannot be co-mingled.
One 95-gallon toter is provided by Waste Management. Additional 95-gallon toters are available to rent at a cost of $3.00 per month. For more information call: 708-720-5100.
Bulky Item Pick-up
One bulk item will be allowed per week. Bulk items include:
- Furniture pieces
- Air conditioning units
- Water heaters
Please note clarifications to above:
As a safety precaution, please remove the doors from refrigerators and freezers.
Carpet must be cut, rolled and bundled into 4-foot lengths. Each roll must not weigh more than 50 pounds. Carpeting and padding must be secured with tape or string.
For white goods and tire removal, call Waste Management at 708-720-5100 to schedule. (Note: Refrigerator and air conditioning units must have Freon removed by a qualified service technician prior to pick up.)
One to four tires (without rims) will be picked up from the curb on collection day.
Bulk household clean up and construction debris can be accepted at the curbside for service. Special arrangements for an estimate through Waste Management must be made one to two days prior to removal from the curbside.
White goods will be removed on the regular service day and must be placed at the curb for removal.
- Landscape waste mixed with garbage
- Roofing materials
- Large automotive parts
- Sod, dirt, boulders and rocks
- Permanent swimming pools
- Medical wastes
- Charcoal and hot ash
- Materials from floods or fires or evictions.
- Materials too large for the collection vehicle or for one person to lift.
- Hazardous waste such as flammable liquids (gasoline, solvents, paints), RCRA hazardous wastes, radioactive wastes, automotive batteries, corrosive materials (acids/bases), PCB wastes, toxic materials, insecticides, oil, anti-freeze.
- E-waste: televisions, computers, printers, fax machines
(Please call Illinois Environmental Protection Agency at 217-782-9285 for directions regarding disposal of these items.)