Your Location
Edit Cancel

Residential Services

Waste Management provides wheeled carts for collection of your trash, recyclables and greenwaste. Trash, recycling and greenwaste are picked up every week. 

What Goes In Your Cart? 

Trash Cart (Burgundy)

  • Food Waste
  • Soiled Paper Plates / Napkins
  • Plastic Bags
  • Aluminum Foil
  • Palm Fronds
  • Polystyrene Foam
  • Ceramics
  • Animal Manure

Recycling Cart (Gray)*

  • Newspapers
  • Cardboard
  • Mixed Paper
  • Junk Mail
  • Cereal Boxes
  • Magazines & Phone Books
  • Aluminum Cans
  • Tin / Steel Cans
  • Plastic Bottles
  • Glass / Plastic Food & Beverage Containers

* Residents may increase the size of their recycling cart to a 96-gallon cart at no additional charge

Become a Recycling Ambassador! Recycle Right by keeping these three things in mind:

  • Recycle all bottles, cans and paper.
  • Keep items clean and dry.
  • No plastic bags in the recycling.

Visit http://www.recycleoftenrecycleright.com/ to learn more.

Greenwaste Cart (Green)*

  • Grass / Leaves
  • Tree Branches
  • Plants / Weeds
  • Garden Trimmings (No palm fronds, soil, or rocks 

* Residents may increase the size of their greenwaste cart to a 96-gallon cart at no additional charge. 

Note: Additional trash, recycling and greenwaste carts are available. Contact Waste Management at (800) 423-9986 for more information. 

Cart Service Reminders:

  • Place all waste in the appropriate container and close the lid.
  • Trash, recyclables and greenwaste not placed in carts will not be collected.
  • Place your carts at the curb by 6:00 am on your collection day. Emptied carts must be removed from curbside.
  • Roll carts into the street and place them against the curb with the handles facing your home. Place carts at least two feet apart from other carts and objects. 

    Residential services are billed quarterly by Waste Management. A discounted rate is available for seniors. 

    Bulky Item Collection
    Residents may request the free pickup of household bulky items two times a year. Additional bulky item collections are available at a nominal cost. To schedule a bulky item pickup, please contact Waste Management at (800) 423-9986 at least 48 hours in advance of your regular collection day. 

    Disposal of Used Motor Oil
    Residents may place up to two gallons per week of used motor oil at curbside, on their regular collection day. Motor oil must be in a tightly closed, clear plastic container, such as a milk or water jug. Residents may also contact the City of Murrieta at (951) 461-6099 to request an oil container. 

    Christmas Tree Recycling
    We will collect and recycle Christmas trees for the first two weeks following Christmas on your regular collection day. Trees taller than six feet must be cut in half. Please remove all tinsel, metal ornaments and metal stands from trees. Flocked trees will be collected but cannot be recycled. 

    Electronic Waste
    Electronic waste (such as televisions and computer monitors) is no longer accepted at the landfill but can be collected at curbside for your convenience. Residents may place up to 3 items per bulky item pickup for no charge. For more than 3 electronic items, a fee of $20 per item will be charged. Advance notice is required. Contact Waste Management at (800) 423-9986 at least 24 hours in advance of your regular collection day. Electronic waste is also collected for FREE at the Riverside County Hazardous Waste collection event held in the City of Murrieta. Please call (951) 358-5256 for more information. 

    Household Hazardous Waste
    Household Hazardous Waste cannot be collected by Waste Management. For more information, please call the Riverside County Environmental Health Department at (800) 304-2226 or visit our website atwww.rivcowm.org/hhw/hhw_schedule.html. Household Hazardous Waste includes: oil filters, antifreeze, batteries, propane tanks, pesticides, household cleaners, pool chemicals, sharps / needles. 

    For information on our services please contact Waste Management Customer Service at (800) 423-9986.