Residents living within the cities and unincorporated areas* of Simi Valley, Moorpark, Thousand Oaks and Westlake Village only can visit the Simi Valley Landfill and Recycling Center during the year to drop off extra trash, bulky items, and recycle unwanted items at no charge.
These unincorporated area residents may attend Free Landfill Day events on the assigned designated dates only: Moorpark: Home Acres, Lexington Hills, Santa Rosa Valley; Simi Valley: Santa Susana Knolls; Thousand Oaks: Bell Canyon, Lake Sherwood, Lynn Ranch, Newbury Park and Oak Park
Free Landfill Day events are from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Simi Valley||March 19
|Westlake Village||April 16
|Thousand Oaks||April 16|
To help minimize delays, please be prepared and follow these guidelines prior to your visit.
- Residents can bring up to two (2) loads per event
- Prepare to show valid identification of proof of residency to cashier (driver's license with picture ID or utility bill)
- All loads must be tarped pursuant to California State Law
- All loads are subject to inspection
- All contractor and commercial vehicles are subject to applicable rates unless prior arrangements have been made
- Commercial vehicle and tractor tires are subject to standard gate rate fees
- Maximum five (5) passenger or pickup tires
Non-Acceptable Items: Electronic waste and Household Hazardous Waste including batteries, paints, liquids, chemicals, fluorescent light tubes, TV's, computers, etc..
The Simi Valley Landfill and Recycling Center is located at 2801 N. Madera Road in Simi Valley.
If you have any additional questions, call (805) 579-7267 Monday – Saturday from 7:00 am – 4:00 pm.