Type of Service: Residential curbside automated collection of trash, recycle and yard trimmings.
Restriction on Carts: Refer to weight limits imprinted on carts.
Collection Hours: 6:00 am to 6:00 pm
Recycling Program: Weekly automated curbside collection utilizing commingled cart system.
Trash (Black Cart): All non-recyclable material is to be placed in your blue trash cart. All materials must fit in cart or will not be collected.
Recycling (Blue Cart): You may mix aluminum & tin cans, plastics, glass bottles & jars, cardboard, brown paper bags, newspapers, magazines, junk mail, teflephone books and mixed paper. Do not put trash or yard trimmings in this cart. All materials must fit in the cart or it will not be collected. Scavenging recyclables from carts is illegal.
Yard Trimmings (Green Cart): You may put yard trimmings such as grass clippings, leaves, brush, tree limbs, horse manure, unpainted/unstained wood 6" or less in diameter and less than 4' long in this cart. Place yard trimmings directly into cart. Do not use plastic bags. Do not put dirt, rocks, trash or recyclables in this cart. All material must fit in cart or will not be collected.
On Call Service:
Extra Bags of Yard Trimmings: WM will collect a maximum of eight (8) extra green waste bags set at curbside, four times per year at no additional charge on your regularly scheduled pickup day. Call 24 hours in advance required.
Extra Bags of Trash: WM will collect a maximum of four (4) extra trash bags set at curbside, four times per year at no additional charge on your regularly scheduled pickup day. Call 24 hours in advance required.
Bulky Items/Electronic Devices: You may request two (2) pickups of bulky items and certain electronic devices each year at no additional fee on your regularly scheduled pickup day. Call 24 hours in advance required.
Example of Bulky items include furniture (chairs, sofas, mattresses, etc), appliances (refrigerators, washers, dryers, water heaters, etc)
Electronic Devices accepted:
- Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) - TV’s and computer monitors
- LCD devices – desktop montiors, laptop computers, and TV’s
- Plasma TV’s
Extra Services: Additional service, extra carts, INSTA-BIN® Temporary Bin/Dumpster Rental, roll-off boxes and storage bins are available for an extra charge.
Annual Curbside Clean Up Event: One time per year. Customers will be notified two (2) weeks in advance.
Semi Annual Drop-Off Events for Certain Electronic Devices, Clothing, Toys, and Books: Two (2) times per year, WM will host an event for drop-off. Location to be determined and notification to customers two (2) weeks in advance.
SHARPs Collection and Disposal: You may request up to four (4) SHARPS containers per year for properly recycling used sharps at no additional cost.
Billing Cycle: Payment is due by the 10th of the month. Accounts not paid by the end of the month are subject to late charges and discontinuance of service.
- Trash, recycling and yard carts must be out by 6:00 a.m. the day of pickup.
- Do not block carts. Carts must be placed with arrows facing street and require 12" - 18" between carts and a 36" distance from other obstructions (mailboxes and cars).
- Weekly limit: 1 trash, 1 recycle, 1 yard trimmings cart. You may order one (1) additional recycling cart or one (1) yard trimmings cart at no additional cost. Request for extra carts above basic service can be ordered for a nominal service fee.
- Carts and contents not to exceed weight limit printed on cart.
- All material must fit in provided cart or will not be collected.
- Senior citizen discount available. Minimum age 62
- Appliances and oversized items are not included in regular service. Additional service, bulky item pickup, extra carts, INSTA-BIN® Temporary Bin/Dumpster Rental and roll-ff boxes available for an extra charge.
Holiday Tree Collection
Waste Management will collect and recycle unflocked trees curbside during the first two weeks after Christmas Day. Please cut your tree in half and place in the green waste cart on your service day. Please remove all decorations including tinsel, lights, ornaments and tree stands before placing your tree in the green waste cart.