Waste Management actively supports the communities we serve. In 2018, we supported these community organizations and events:
- Annual Utah Walk to Defeat ALS
- Bluffdale City Old West Days
- City of Cedar Hills Family Festival
- Davis Education Foundation
- Harrisville City Heritage Days Celebration
- Hooper Tomato Days
- Junior League of Ogden’s Oasis Community Garden
- Make-A-Wish Utah
- Marriott-Slaterville Fourth of July
- New Hope Community Center
- Orem City Touch a Truck
- Orem City’s E-Waste Elimination Campaign
- Roy City Waste Management Easter Egg Hunt
- Sandy City Amphitheater
- Utah Food Bank
- Utah Police Civilian Association
- Weber School District
- West Haven Days
The Waste Management Charitable Contributions program provides support to organizations that have been approved by the IRS as a 501(c)3 charity and public organizations where any donations requested will be used exclusively for public purposes. We target our support to specific projects or programs that enhance the scope of services offered by an organization. WM prefers not to financially support operating costs, capital campaigns, or multi-year requests.
These guidelines outline the programs that Waste Management favors:
- Environment: Waste Management is committed to helping provide renewable resources to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels, and to conserving and maintaining wetlands, wildlife habitats and green spaces for people's enjoyment.
- Environmental Education: Waste Management prefers to support environmental education programs targeted at middle and high school students. This includes environment and science related projects, science fairs, Earth Day projects and others.
- Causes important to the communities we serve: Waste Management is committed to enhancing our communities through programs that help make them cleaner and better places to live.
If you are interested in applying for charitable giving and community support, please submit your application online at https://wm.versaic.com a minimum of 4 months prior to your community event or program need.