Our mission is simple: Remove your waste, retain your trust.
Here’s how we fulfill that mission every day.
Collection Days: Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday
Garbage, recycling and landscape waste must be sorted and in separate containers. Items cannot be co-mingled.
Refuse must be placed in bags or containers. All residents have a 95-gallon cart for trash.
Bulky Item Pick-up
One bulk item will be allowed per week. Bulk items include:
- Chairs, Couches
- Furniture pieces
- Refrigerators, Dishwashers
- Air conditioning units
- Washing machines, Clothes dryers
- Water heaters
Refrigerator and air conditioning units must have Freon removed by a qualified service technician prior to pick up.
As a safety precaution, please remove the doors from refrigerators and freezers.
Carpet must be cut and rolled into 4-foot lengths. Each roll must not weigh more than 50 pounds. Rolled carpeting and padding must be secured with tape or string.
Residents may place up to FOUR tires, without rims, at curbside per collection day.
White goods and automobile tires will be recycled by Waste Management.
Small home improvement project debris will be collected provided it is properly contained in a can and/or bundled and does not to exceed 50 pounds in weight. Large amounts of homeowner-generated construction debris will require roll-off containers and/or dumpsters which are available through Waste Management at 708-720-5100 for an additional cost.
- Landscape waste mixed with garbage
- Roofing materials
- Large automotive parts
- Sod, dirt, boulders and rocks
- Permanent swimming pools
- Medical wastes
- Charcoal and hot ash
- Materials from floods or fires or evictions.
- Materials too large for the collection vehicle or for one person to lift.
- Hazardous waste such as flammable liquids (gasoline, solvents, paints), RCRA hazardous wastes, radioactive wastes, automotive batteries, corrosive materials (acids/bases), PCB wastes, toxic materials, insecticides, oil, anti-freeze.
- E-waste: televisions, computers, printers, fax machines
(Please call Illinois Environmental Protection Agency at 217-782-9285 for directions regarding disposal of these items.)