Recycling one ton of cardboard:
Saves 390 kWh of energy
Saves 1.1 barrels (46 gallons) of oil
Saves 6.6 million Btu's of energy
Cardboard Recycling Tips
- Prepare cardboard for recycling by removing all other materials in the box such as plastic wrap, polystyrene peanuts and other packing materials.
- Break down cardboard boxes to save storage space.
- Try to keep cardboard dry and free from food waste. Cardboard can get wet and still be recycled, but is more difficult to carry due to the added weight of the water.
Did You Know?
- Recycling one ton of cardboard saves over 9 cubic yards of landfill space.
- Recycled cardboard saves 24% of the total energy needed for virgin cardboard.