Our mission is simple: Remove your waste, retain your trust.
Here’s how we fulfill that mission every day.
Garbage will be collected weekly. Recycling will be collected every other week.
Collection Day: Monday
Garbage, recycling and landscape waste must be placed in the alley by 6:00 am on the collection day and must be sorted and in separate containers. Items cannot be co-mingled.
One 95-gallon toter is provided by Waste Management. Additional 95-gallon containers may be rented from Waste Management for $3.00 per month.
Bulky Item Pick-up
One bulk item will be allowed per week. Bulk items include:
- Chairs, Couches
- Furniture pieces
- Washing machines
- Water heaters
Please note clarifications to bulk items:
As a safety precaution, please remove the doors from refrigerators and freezers.
Carpet must be cut, rolled and bundled into 4-foot lengths. Each roll must not weigh more than 50 pounds. Carpeting and padding must be secured with tape or string.
White goods will be removed on the regular service day and must be placed in the alley. Refrigerator and air conditioning units must have Freon removed by a qualified service technician prior to pick up. Call Waste Management at 708-720-5100 for special arrangements or the Village of Bedford Park.
One to four tires without rims will be removed on collection day. For special arrangements, call Waste Management at 708-720-5100 or the Village of Bedford Park at 708-458-2067.
Bulk household clean up and construction debris can be accepted at the curbside for service. Special arrangements for an estimate through Waste Management must be made one to two days prior to removal from the curbside.
- Landscape waste mixed with garbage
- Roofing materials
- Large automotive parts
- Sod, dirt, boulders and rocks
- Permanent swimming pools
- Medical wastes
- Charcoal and hot ash
- Materials from floods or fires or evictions.
- Materials too large for the collection vehicle or for one person to lift.
- Hazardous waste such as flammable liquids (gasoline, solvents, paints), RCRA hazardous wastes, radioactive wastes, automotive batteries, corrosive materials (acids/bases), PCB wastes, toxic materials, insecticides, oil, anti-freeze.
- E-waste: televisions, computers, printers, fax machines
(Please call Illinois Environmental Protection Agency at 217-782-9285 for directions regarding disposal of these items.)