Our mission is simple: Remove your waste, retain your trust.
Here’s how we fulfill that mission every day.
Garbage and recycling will be collected weekly.
Collection Day: Monday. Collection will occur one day later in the event of a holiday.
Garbage, recycling and yard waste must be placed at curbside by 6:00 am on the collection day and must be sorted and in separate containers. Items cannot be co-mingled.
One 95-gallon refuse cart is provided by Waste Management. Additional 95-gallon carts are available to rent at a cost of $4.00 per month. For more information call: 800 796-9696.Additional refuse may be place in bags or cans not exceeding 35-gallon in size or 50 lbs in weight.
Bulky Item Pick-up
One bulk item will be allowed per week. Bulk items include:
- Furniture pieces
- Carpeting and or padding – Up to 8 rolls, cut into 4 foot sections, and secured with tape or rope.
Please note clarifications to above:
As a safety precaution, please remove the doors from refrigerators and freezers.
Carpet must be cut, rolled and bundled into 4-foot lengths. Each roll must not weigh more than 50pounds. Carpeting and padding must be secured with tape or string.
For white goods and tire removal, call Waste Management at 800 796-9696 to schedule a pickup. As a safety precaution, please remove the doors from refrigerators and freezers.
Bulk household clean up and construction debris can be accepted at the curbside for service. Special arrangements for an estimate through Waste Management must be made one to two days prior to removal from the curbside.
The Village will have a spring and fall clean up for the collection of extra refuse, bulk items, and white goods. The clean will occur on the regular collection day. Residents should check with the Village for dates.
- Landscape waste mixed with garbage
- White goods –refrigerators, washers, dryers, stoves, water heaters
- Roofing materials
- Large automotive parts or tires
- Sod, dirt, boulders and rocks
- Permanent swimming pools
- Medical wastes
- Hot charcoal and or ash
- Materials from floods or fires or evictions.
- Materials too large for the collection vehicle or for one person to lift.
- Hazardous waste such as flammable liquids (gasoline, solvents, paints), RCRA hazardous wastes, radioactive wastes, automotive batteries, corrosive materials (acids/bases), PCB wastes, toxic materials, insecticides, oil, anti-freeze.
- E-waste: televisions, computers, printers, fax machines
(Please call Illinois Environmental Protection Agency at 217-782-9285 for directions regarding disposal of these items.)