Garbage will be collected weekly and must be placed at curbside by 6:00 am on the collection day. Recycling will be collected every other week.
Collection Day: Friday
Garbage, recycling and landscape waste must be sorted and in separate containers. Items cannot be co-mingled.
Disposal service for homes is $16.50 per month. Toters will be billed to the residents at a cost of $3.00 per month. For information on renting a 96-gallon toter, call: 708-720-5100.
Refuse must be placed in heavy-duty plastic bags or containers WITH HANDLES, designed for refuse collection, that are no greater than 33 gallons in size and weigh no more than 50 pounds.
Bulky Item Pick-up
One bulk item will be allowed per week. Bulk items include:
- Chairs, Couches
- Furniture pieces
- Refrigerators, dishwashers
- Air conditioning units
- Washing machines, Clothes dryers
- Water heaters
Please note clarifications to bulk items:
Refrigerator and air conditioning units must have Freon removed by a qualified service technician prior to pick up.
As a safety precaution, please remove the doors from refrigerators and freezers.
Carpet must be cut, rolled and bundled into 4-foot lengths. Each roll must not weigh more than 50 pounds. Carpeting and padding must be secured with tape or string.
Call 708-720-5100 for a quote to remove one to four tires.
White goods and automobile tires will be recycled by Waste Management.
Small home improvement project debris will be collected provided it is properly contained in a can and/or bundled and does not to exceed 50 pounds in weight. Large amounts of homeowner-generated construction debris will require roll-off containers and/or dumpsters which are available through Waste Management at 708-720-5100 at an additional cost.
- Landscape waste mixed with garbage
- Roofing materials
- Large automotive parts
- Sod, dirt, boulders and rocks
- Permanent swimming pools
- Medical wastes
- Charcoal and hot ash
- Materials from floods or fires or evictions.
- Materials too large for the collection vehicle or for one person to lift.
- Hazardous waste such as flammable liquids (gasoline, solvents, paints), RCRA hazardous wastes, radioactive wastes, automotive batteries, corrosive materials (acids/bases), PCB wastes, toxic materials, insecticides, oil, anti-freeze.
- E-waste: televisions, computers, printers, fax machines
(Please call Illinois Environmental Protection Agency at 217-782-9285 for directions regarding disposal of these items.)